DEUHD doesn't work anymore after Windows 10 1709 update

DEUHD doesn’t work anymore after Wondows 10 1709 update ( april update KB4093112 )

because MIcrosoft are being dicks also bluray drivers dont work with the update to

Has anyone tried disabling driver signature enforcement to see if it works then?

The new update for Windows 10, KB4093112, is generating many problems for users, both when installed and afterwards.

Yes, I enabled test mode + disabled driver signature enforcement didn’t work, even resigned the driver… still doesn’t work. Obviously micro$haft did more than just invalidate their signature… :frowning: I have a funny feeling this was purposely done to stop people ripping UHD discs.

I just installed Windows 8.1 in VMware and attached my bluray drive to the VM, DeUHD works. Wish it worked with more discs, I have a stack here that aren’t supported yet (has said will be supported soon for 2 months)

Simply I have uninstalled the update and again all works …

Solution

Method 5: Correct damaged registry entries

This problem may be caused by the existence of two corrupted Windows registry entries. To use Registry Editor to delete corrupted registry entries, follow these steps:

Press the Windows + R logo key to open the Run dialog box.
Type regedit in the Run dialog box, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or to confirm the action, type the password or select Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and select the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, select UpperFilters.

Note: You can also view an entry in the UpperFilters.bak registry. You should not remove that entry. Click only on UpperFilters. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you may still have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, continue with step 7.
On the Edit menu, select Delete.
When asked if you want to confirm the deletion, select Yes.
In the right panel, select LowerFilters.

Note: If the LowerFilters registry entry is not visible, go to the next method.
On the Edit menu, select Delete.
When asked if you want to confirm the deletion, select Yes.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.

TBH,I don’t see how a registry tweak about upper and lower filters can solve the unsigned driver issue of DeUHD…

I disabled updates once they decided to completely lockout the hacked in 8.1 media center I was using to keep using my cable card tuner in 10.
I don’t care they think they know best what I should be able to use and keep taking away features some of us use and like. It wasn’t easy to lock it up either but it did and I’ll keep it where it’s at till something better comes along. The hd homerun recorder works but doesn’t support protected content and I hate the gui guide they use. If my 7 box was as fast as the new i7 box I’m using now I’d use it but it’s way slower so I’d be moving stuff back and forth to edit things down and recode to a smaller high quality size.
Anyways they keep playing the big brother game and trying to be apple with the only install from the windows store crap.
Some of my favorite free programs now cost money and can only be paid for and upgraded through the store.

Use MakeMKV or AnyDVD. If they don’t support the discs send a dump to Mike at MakeMKV. He usually turns around keys in a day or two.

Simply put, DeUHD is not the only game in town.

Hi,

Does Windows even detect your Blu-Ray drive? Can you see it in File Explorer?

Ever since I updated to the Creators Fall Update, the device shows up with an error in Device Manager, unsigned drivers etc. I can see that there are 3 drivers tied to it, CD-ROM, AnyDVD and DeUHD. I am guessing one or more of them are causing the problem.

I was going to try allowing unsigned drivers but thanks for confirming that that doesn’t work.

I was going to try uninstalling DeUHD followed by AnyDVD if the former doesn’t solve it. I think I need to get the driver list on that piece of hardware down to the basic ‘CD-ROM’ driver first to see whether it works like that.

Thanks for pointing out the possibility of using a VM, but I doubt this will work for me as the device itself isn’t even ‘installed’ with a working driver at this point.

While I don’t have the stuff in question, Win10 build 17134.1 (basically Win 10 1709 is build 16299 which is the previous release of Windows 10 compared to this very recent one) is available to install which is supposedly the official release which will likely be released earlier next month to the general public.

One can download ESD files from Microsoft’s website and use some program online to make the ISO.

basically… https://pastebin.com/Up1PFKvZ

The April update as they now call it has not been released yet to RTM it will be a different Build number according to Microsoft and will most likely be released On May 8th to the general public possibly before.

@happyguy82,uninstall DeUHD and your drives will show up again…
@NBR,using a new different Windows 10 release doesn’t solve DeUHD’s unsigned drivers issues…unless you go back to an old 1… :wink:

Different build number?

I am pretty sure 17134 is a lock at this point. the only thing that might change is the “.1” part as 17134.5 is already available as a update (I used a .cab file to update) but I am not sure whether that will be what MS releases as the ISO as I know with the Fall Creators Update the ISO released was 16299.15. but according to newest information 17134 will be officially released Monday April 30th is when one can get the ISO using the official download tool from Microsoft.

@roadworker ; thanks for the info.

Windows isn’t the problem here, DeUHD is!

sooooo… do I need to downgrade my version of windows?

No, the Deuhd v. 1.029 does install and work perfectly even with Win 10 1803 17134.48 …

The issue regarding Windows 1803 (or 1709) compatibility stems from the inability to install DeUHD when Windows is booted in secure mode. As far as I am aware the situation remains unchanged.

confirmed… I just backed up one of my discs without issue.