Detecting Writable Media

Ok here goes: I use DVDFab5.2.3.2 and here’s what it does.
I put in a DVD and it recognizes it and lets me start the Copy process. It finishes this, pops out the dvd and starts asking for writable media.
I put in a blank DVD and usually this works fine. I burn it, no problem!

Get done, and start another DVD. Goes through copy process, pops out the DVD and asks for writable media again. I put in a blank, and whammo, it continues to ask for writable media, and I cannot eject my blank out either. :sad:

So what I’ve been doing, is hitting cancel, saving it, resetting the computer (only way it will work) and burning from the save file. MOST of the time this works fine, sometimes I have to restart a 2nd or 3rd time before it will recognize a disc in the drive. But eventually it WILL work. This almost never happens the first time around, only when I try and do a second movie. It doesn’t matter what movie I’m burning, this is across the board.

So do I have a jacked setting or something, or is it something crazy I’m not doing? Thanks for you help! :bigsmile:

Randy
Dell Inspiron E1705 NB
DVDFab 5.2.3.2

[QUOTE=benn3393;2310502]Ok here goes: I use DVDFab5.2.3.2 and here’s what it does.
I put in a DVD and it recognizes it and lets me start the Copy process. It finishes this, pops out the dvd and starts asking for writable media.
I put in a blank DVD and usually this works fine. I burn it, no problem!

Get done, and start another DVD. Goes through copy process, pops out the DVD and asks for writable media again. I put in a blank, and whammo, it continues to ask for writable media, and I cannot eject my blank out either. :sad:

So what I’ve been doing, is hitting cancel, saving it, resetting the computer (only way it will work) and burning from the save file. MOST of the time this works fine, sometimes I have to restart a 2nd or 3rd time before it will recognize a disc in the drive. But eventually it WILL work. This almost never happens the first time around, only when I try and do a second movie. It doesn’t matter what movie I’m burning, this is across the board.

So do I have a jacked setting or something, or is it something crazy I’m not doing? Thanks for you help! :bigsmile:

Randy
Dell Inspiron E1705 NB
DVDFab 5.2.3.2[/QUOTE]

This has been, and continues to be, an annoying problem with Fab. Fengtao is aware of it, I just don’t know when it’ll be fixed.

All you can do at present, is shut down Fab after each copy sequence, then re-start to do another disk.

A pain, but the program should work properly.

OC

:slight_smile:

I never have this problem but I use 2 DVD drives when I copy my DVDs. If you have an extra drive install it and see if it still happens to you