Detailed rumors spreading on the Nintendo Wii successor 'Project Cafe'

vbimport

Detailed rumors spreading on the Nintendo Wii successor ‘Project Cafe’.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/04/p1c8qM.jpg[/newsimage]If recent insider information is to be trusted, the next Nintendo system will more than make up for the Wii's relative lack of power while maintaining the company's penchant for unique features.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/detailed-rumors-spreading-on-the-nintendo-wii-successor-project-cafe-43628/](http://www.myce.com/news/detailed-rumors-spreading-on-the-nintendo-wii-successor-project-cafe-43628/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Snore …

Original Wii hardware sucked … games were entertaining for a few minutes… new hardware … new games will be entertaining for a few minutes.

Forget the ipod/ipad/android … Wii2 is the new silly simple game market :iagree:

They say its going to blow past the ps3 and xbox 360. My question is by how much? If nintendo is working on its next gen, you can bet Microsoft/Sony are starting development of their own. Will nintendo give it enough power to be competitive with the nextgen consoles? Probably not. It sounds like they’re still trying to catch up with the current generation of consoles.

[QUOTE=Zod;2585699]They say its going to blow past the ps3 and xbox 360. My question is by how much? If nintendo is working on its next gen, you can bet Microsoft/Sony are starting development of their own. Will nintendo give it enough power to be competitive with the nextgen consoles? Probably not. It sounds like they’re still trying to catch up with the current generation of consoles.[/QUOTE]
3.5 years ago … I bought an intel Quad Core Q6600 (now semi-retired)- the new i7-2’s just released provide 50% better throughput for less $$$ …
Extrapolate that to 5yrs (6 if you count development time) … that’s roughly 100% better throughput double.
And then there are the advances in flash/HDD technologies, RAM, GPU’s -> gpu’s are moving much faster than CPU’s, not to mention improvements in energy efficiencies and optical drive technologies …

It’ll be a beast compared to the current generation consoles … but it will still be cheap garbage compared to the PS3. It’ll be twice the speed of the Xbox360. It’ll be 2/3 the price of either PS3 or Xbox360 … to maintain their price point.

Unless it’s extremely flexible, it’s not going to garner many fans. PS3/Xbox fanboi’s aren’t going to give up their consoles … and somehow I doubt that wii fanatics will be racing out to buy another casual gaming console …

[QUOTE=debro;2585755]3.5 years ago … I bought an intel Quad Core Q6600 (now semi-retired)- the new i7-2’s just released provide 50% better throughput for less $$$ …
Extrapolate that to 5yrs (6 if you count development time) … that’s roughly 100% better throughput double.
And then there are the advances in flash/HDD technologies, RAM, GPU’s -> gpu’s are moving much faster than CPU’s, not to mention improvements in energy efficiencies and optical drive technologies …

It’ll be a beast compared to the current generation consoles … but it will still be cheap garbage compared to the PS3. It’ll be twice the speed of the Xbox360. It’ll be 2/3 the price of either PS3 or Xbox360 … to maintain their price point.

Unless it’s extremely flexible, it’s not going to garner many fans. PS3/Xbox fanboi’s aren’t going to give up their consoles … and somehow I doubt that wii fanatics will be racing out to buy another casual gaming console …[/QUOTE]

yah but when they made the first wii they didn’t use current tech, they used tech what was already fairly old (in fact the wii is about as powerful as the xbox1). ie to keep costs down they were using tech that was about 5 years old. Hence why I think the new wii will only be slightly more powerful than a 360. As soon as Microsoft and Sony put out their new consoles it’ll probably be a laggard of lastgen tech again.