Det är en kokbok!

vbimport

Now, where is the cookbook? First one to find the cookbook earns a signature edit from myself.

It was said by a lemur in Madagascar, but its a spoof of something I’ve seen before. Its not the twilight zone cause I havent seen it.

Also lets throw in a poll for good measure.

The only thing I’m finding so far are predominant references to the movie (in Mandarin) of “Eat Drink Man Woman.”

(ADD) Also found this (time-honored cult classic password of “To Serve Man is a cookbook!” (a reference to a Twilight Zone episode.) ), but you stated it wasn’t from the Twilight Zone…

(ADD) Is it perhaps from “The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear”? I got a hit on it

(ADD) You might get a kick out of this: it’s not your quote, but a hilarious sign. :wink:

Sadly it isnt right :wink:
In madagascar it is said when the lemurs are in panic and I know it is said during some great catastrophy or alarm in that other film.

All I could find was that it was a referance to a old twilight zone episode.

Found the TZ reference here:

The best Twilight Zone episode ever filmed is about what happens when a huge flying saucer comes to Earth.

With great flourish, the creepy-looking visitors present a big book to the inhabitants of this planet. The friendly aliens then offer to take all interested parties off to a better world.

Meanwhile, as thousands queue up to depart a troubled world locked in Cold War, American scientists are working feverishly to decipher the big book from the aliens. Its title, if I remember correctly, is rather noble – “To Serve Man.”

Finally, the code is broken. As the spaceship is about to depart for another galaxy, with people lined up for the flight like so many cattle, a desperate scientist rushes to the scene.

“It’s a cookbook!” the code-breaker shouts. Unfortunately, it’s too late for mankind, which is about to take one giant step into the inter-galactic commodities market…

(ADD) More on the TZ reference:

“IN a famous episode of The Twilight Zone, advanced space aliens visit Planet Earth and promise an utopia for mankind. The jubilant humans are awed by the promised technological marvels-all diseases will be cured, all desires satisfied-and board spaceships in droves. A lone skeptical scientist discovers-too late-that the aliens’ how-to manual, To Serve Man, is not actually a guide to helping humanity, but ‘a cookbook! It’s a cookbook!’”

(ADD) “To Serve Man” …

Another quote from same site: “Actually, “To Serve Man” was a Twilight Zone episode, and one of the very best (“It’s a cookbook…it’s a cookbook” - very ably satrized in the first Naked Gun movie I might note).”

(ADD) Check this here:
Season 3

[edit]
[url=""]

To Serve Man

Episode 89 (2 March 1962)

[ul]
[li]Respectfully submitted for your perusal: a Kanamit. Height: a little over nine feet. Weight: in the neighborhood of three hundred and fifty pounds. Origin : unknown. Motives? Therein hangs the tale, for in just a moment we’re going to ask you to shake hands, figuratively, with a Christopher Columbus from another galaxy and another time. This is the Twilight Zone.[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Mr. Chambers! Don’t get on that ship! The rest of the book, To Serve Man, it’s… it’s a cookbook![/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]The recollections of one Michael Chambers, with appropriate flashbacks and soliloquy. Or more simply stated, the evolution of man, the cycle of going from dust to dessert, the metamorphosis from being the ruler of a planet to an ingredient in someone’s soup. It’s tonight’s bill of fare on the Twilight Zone.[/li][/ul]

Then it is a spoof of Twilight Zone, cause the title of the book in Madagascar is “To serve lemurs”. Now, you (yes I’m pointing at you Ben) must find out all instances of where TZ have been spoofed. So its a chase for the spoofspoof. :bigsmile:

Thanks Quema.

I cant be bothered.

Perhaps it was somehow used in some way in the movie “Signs”?

Also, more on the original TZ ep.

Something on one of the actors, with a partial summary.

Huh! Even quoted in Warcraft III (see “Troll Witch Doctor”; some funny quotes on this page, too).

Here’s one reference to it in Madagascar. (Funny, but I never heard that quote until today. At least with all this reading, I understand what it means now. :p)

Really, there is a partial reference to this idea of “It’s a cookbook!” on Independence Day, where they try to communicate with the aliens by helicopter, and where the stripper and people in LA have signs saying “take me with you” or something like that.

Also, this really seems like a direct hit for “Mars Attacks!,” as I remember Paul Winfield as the general and they are translating what the Martians are saying as ‘we come in peace’–then they fry everybody in a VERY COMICAL WAY (after they see the pigeons). Thinking it a misunderstanding, they invite them to Congress, then fry them too. I can’t think of a better way of saying “It’s a cookbook!” with “Mars Attacks!”

Also found this (“To serve mankind - it’s a cookbook!”

(Also used - copied/parodied - by the Simpsons in one of the Halloween episodes).
), as it was used in a Simpson’s episode, something that might be up Airhead’s alley.

I can’t believe I forgot this! An extended reference to this idea would have Roddenberry’s series Earth: Final Conflict. :eek: Never knew there were so many takes on this before Airhead’s challenge… :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL! Here’s a poll Airhead should love, given this TZ tagline. :bigsmile:

One more reference to the original TZ ep. and the Simpsons.

I actually wrote Independence day before in my post but I edited it away. It must be independence day, or Mars attacks. I remember the voice as not simpsonish so its probably number one.

Good Quema, you have earned yourself the prize!

Airhead, I hope you check out some of the hilarious links I also unearthed in my reading. I’m not kidding when I say getting that signature edit was worth it, because I’ll get tons of laughs out of that for a long time to come–sounds like one of those “…and I got was this LOUSY T-SHIRT!!!” prints. :wink:

All that work for a signature from Airhead???
Quema…your desperate for something to do ?

jajajaja, well, really, just trying to be helpful, S_S. Thing is, at first I didn’t think it was particularly significant, but then, once my curiosity got the better of me (the fact that I had never heard of that ‘tagline’ before and had not idea about it’s context), I followed through on it. So now, there’s a whole slew of things available for all to see, and I was ROFL with quite a bit of it (like the funny menu, the funny quotes on the video game, everything). It was worth it to satisfy my curiosity. :bigsmile:

There was a Simpsons episode where the aliens capture the family and it is based around them having a “how to cook man” cookbook. I think it was one of the Halloween specials.

Yep, Ben, I saw that reference; see my post #9. Not surprising, since it seems Tim Burton (Mars Attacks!) and Matt Groening are about on the ‘same page.’

Yeh I know you saw it first, I was just elaborating ever so slightly to make myself feel like I hadnt lost so badly.

The number of people who consider themselves being steak is overwhelming!

Yep! No having the scream “WHERE’S THE BEEF?!!???” :wink:

Now if i had known that there was a special signature from Airhead…maybe I would have worked this thread…:wink: i see both Ben and Quema got one