Destination Drive Still Changes on Second Copy

vbimport

For the last few beta versions and now 5.2.2.2 I am still finding that the destination drive changes when trying to copy a second DVD. The first burn goes fine - source and destination work fine. Then without closing DVDFAB and trying to copy a second movie without making any changes, the destination drive changes and another drive pops open wanting a blank disk. Each time I make a copy I have to shut DVDFAB down and then restart it to make the next copy. I have read that others have had this same problem. For me it happens with external USB drives. Using Windows XP Pro, 4 external DVD drives on a powered hub and 1 internal drive. Never had this problem before and have been using DVDFAB for years.

i only have two drives installed at a time, i use one for ripping and one for burning. i have not had the ripping drive open for burning. so i have not actually experienced your particular problem.

i have a possibly related problem when burning. the first and second rip/burn goes normal. dvdfab will automatically open ImgBurn and start the burning. the third rip/burn dvdfab will open the Burning Speed Selection Box. not a real big deal because i can close dvdfab in between rip/burns to remedy the problem, or just wait 30 seconds for the dialog box to automatically select ok.

fengtao is looking into the dvdfab decrypter problem with creation of ISO, i will also ask fengtao about this particular behavior.

I have also had the same problem, but I’m using the vso burning engine. The last 3 releases do the same thing. I have it set for my External drive and after the 2nd burn, it changes to my internal dvd drive (burner). I just shut dvdfab down and restart and it works again for another 2 burns.

[QUOTE=maonstad;2183319]I have also had the same problem, but I’m using the vso burning engine. The last 3 releases do the same thing. I have it set for my External drive and after the 2nd burn, it changes to my internal dvd drive (burner). I just shut dvdfab down and restart and it works again for another 2 burns.[/QUOTE]

I also use the VSO burning engine. Interesting that you get two burns! If I select to burn the same movie without selecting finish the drive selection remains OK. For me it is only when I change from the first movie to a second movie. Like you I have to shut dvdfab down and restart i again for one burn to the correct destination drive.