Desperate, please help

I’m using latest cloneDVD with help of anyDVD. After I burn DVD everything seems just fine for some time, than after a while picture freeze for a second or so and then again everything is smooth and nice. This happens every let’s say 3 minutes. Somethimes picture freeze completely and than I must give it a little help with my Onkyo DVD remote controler and push it forward for a second or so. I tryed different medias and everything described above happens on exactly same places in the movie. Before I burned dvd I previed vobs with powerdvd and everything is perfect, but when I burned dvd with Clonedvd the movie freezes here and there. So I tried to burn dvd with latest Nero 6.3.0.15 or so. but write after I press burn nero hangs and whole computer stops responding until I use hard restart. What I need is a help either that I can meka nice DVD with clone or I can at least burn it with a Nero and see if there is any difference.

Please help!
Thank you

win 2000 sp4
Gygabyte VTX7e+ or something like that
nec 2500A 1.07 heirre

You may be using low quality media, what’s the MID code for your discs?

Cheap-o standalone players can freeze the picture when they get hot or are stacked on top of other equipment such as VCRs. Make sure your Onkyo player has some ‘breathing’ room.

If you’ve burned multiple DVDs of the same movie and they all freeze in the exact same spots, then your source files on your harddrive are most likely damaged. Rip or create your DVD video files in a different location and burn again.

If you’d like to try different software you can use DVDDecrypter. This software only burns ISOs though, so you may need IMG Tool Classic to construct the ISO file. Both of these apps are FREEWARE. :smiley:

Onkyo is not some cheap brand. I payed for it 550 eur for that very cause that I didnt want anything cheap. Whats bothering me most that If I played any burned DVD either on Onkyo or on computer the anomalies appears at exactly same spot which proves that its not playing hardware fault. I also tryied to rip DVD with Clone DVD - iso and even though I select only main movie without all the crap arount it Clone like to make it 8 and so GB. When I burn ordinary CD everything is OK, but as soon when I chose DVD video in Nero and start to burn (computer hangs) if I tryed in RecordNow right after start I get error message

6 29 00 Power On, Reset, Or Bus Device Reset Occurred

And If I burn DVD through CloneDVD with anyDVD, rip it to disk and write it but in same process (first or second option in CloneDVD) I can finally burn my DVD but no metter where I played it it has same anomalies as describet above at exacty same spots. :frowning:

Use DVDinfoPro to show your MID code of your DVD recordable and the latest Nero.
And give some information on your computer configuration.

Maybe you could try DVDshrink?

I just try this soft you suggested, And it freezes computer even before I see any user interface

IMG Tool Classic

I will try DVDinfoPro now. I have it instaled

Edit by Wesociety: fixed link

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID MCC 01RG20
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name GLADIATOR
Application id ELBY CLONEDVD
Implementation id ELABORATE BYTES
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 6/25/2004 1:26:18
Format Capacity 4.34GB(4.66GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media Type DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed Unknown
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 5.9x 8112KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
Write Strategy Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
2x Speed OPC beta 09
2x Speed OPC power 11
2x Write Strategy field 1 11 87 78 90
2x Write Strategy field 2 A8 82 00 20 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta 05
4x Speed OPC power 17
4x Write Strategy field 1 0D 10 0B 0B
4x Write Strategy field 2 96 08 0F 0B
4x Write Strategy field 3 C0 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta multi-pulse 07
4x Speed OPC power multi-pulse 1C
4x Write Strategy field 4 13 A8 89 65
4x Write Strategy field 5 B6 89 88 80 00 00
4x Write Strategy field 6 00 00 D0 00 00
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 22B0CFh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

I hope this are the info you need. I dont know much about DVD infoPro and what excatly you need

How can I check latest Nero in DVDinfoPro?

Whoops, I confused Onkyo with another cheap-o brand found in the US.
The discs you have are normally good quality.

And you don’t check the version of Nero in DVDInfo, you check it in Nero itself. :wink:
Does the buffer in Nero bounce around alot during the burn?
Have you defragged your harddrive lately?
I recommend that you recreate the source files…

OK here is what I found out
Sure I know to check version of Nero. I just didnt understand him.
Nero version; 6.3.1.15

I try also others
Shrink DVD
DVD decrypter
Record Now

Result I get is allways same no matter of software, when it comes to start burn DVD files to media software stops responding and after few seconds all coimputer hangs.

I can burn CD’s with no problem, Even I can burn DVD with CloneDVD. I tryed to move my dvd burner around on diferent IDE, slave, master and nothing helps. Please help me with some solutions, because although CloneDVD gives me burned DVD the quality is bad due to the reasons described at the beggining of the thread.

Do you have NAV or any other virus checking software running ? Try disabling it and burning. It seems to help some people.

You might try uninstalling Nero and reinstalling it too.

Thank you guys for your suggestions. It looks that I finally solve the proble. I Uninstaled Via BUS master drivers and install newest version from Viaarena. I have some problem to get back to windows afterwards so I use F8/use last known god configuration which allows me to get back to windows. Then I again tried to burn DVD with Nero and finally my DVD is burning. Right now is on 76%. I guess that anomalies will aslo go away now with new bus drivers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Better off using the M$ IDE drivers