Desperate father

vbimport

I have recently downed Clonecd,as a father of 3 game lovin kids I thought it would be sensible to backup all the games bought for the kids,after they have used them as frisbee's/drinkmats/plates and cymbals the cd's are useless cant even make a decent plantpot out of them,anyway after successfully copying M.O.H. to clonecd I then tried to burn it to blank disc no joy this message was displayed- writing to cd failed,ILLEGAL REQUEST:parameter not supported (5:0x26:0x01)
after clicking ok on the window this message is shown-
writing to TORiSAN DRW-u88824 failed
what am I doing wrong or is there some download I am missing??:bow:

Rockwell welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Medal of Honor Allied Assault is an sd2.5 protected game. If you’re reffering to MOH (and not MOHAA) i really don’t know how it is protected.

Since you are a newbie as far as backing up games is concerned i suggest downloading a program such as clony which will help you recognise the copy protection of the game you wanna back up and pass the correct settings to clonecd. This will help you most of the times.

If you already know the kind of protection you are up against you can download form cdfreaks the corresponding protection profile and use it straight away from clonecd.

You should use clonecd for both making the image file on your hdd and burning the image to cd with the settings which are appropriate for the corresponding type of protection.

Good luck (stopping the kids from playing frisbee with the original game cds might also help out a bit :wink: )

Many thanks Hemispasm will give it a try, and thanks for the welcome as for the frisbees I can always make some small plant pots:bigsmile:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?postid=269510#post269510

This thread was posted by me a while back ago. It seemed to come from a corrupt image.

Ended up using cdmate, to burn the bin files and it works now.

After you’ve done a copy of the cd if still doesn’t work try insektors!

writing to cd failed,ILLEGAL REQUESTarameter not supported (5:0x26:0x01)

Indicates that your writer do not support the write mode you selected, probably your writer do not work with CloneCD.

TORiSAN DRW-u88824

Never heared about that brand:confused:

seems to be cdrw for notebook!

TORISAN CDW-U4424 NOTEBOOK CD-RW Drive OEM

Internal Torisan (Sonyo, Japan made ) 4x4x24 CD-RW for TITAN, SONY, SHARP, IBM LAPTOPS

:frowning: Still trying hemispasm’s info but still getting error message will keep on hacking at it,I am using XP so that might be the problem,and I am working from a notebook(not allowed to use the wifes comp cause I always break it) more info on insektors please , keep the solutions coming and thanks to all.:wink:

does ur drive not burn dao? maybe only sao? just a thought.

Originally posted by ckin2001
does ur drive not burn dao? maybe only sao? just a thought.
Yep it could be just that

I am trying for the last half an hour to get some info about the drive, tried in several search engines with no luck! All i could find is that it is 4x4x24 and that it is silver :bigsmile: not a big help i know, what a terrible service, there’s no torisan web site (where did they come from anyways?? :a ) Maybe rockwell has a guide or something that has a url address on it (thoough i doubt it!)

Anyways, if it’s only capable of raw-sao, i dont think there’s much you can do about it. I think (correct me if i’m wrong) that sd2 needs at least a dao capable recorder in order to get a workin 1:1 back up.

But, even so, it still does not hurt trying (use only cdrws - no reason why you should waste cdrs :wink: ) If you don’t get it to work, you can always use deamon tools so that you get to play the game without using (and therefore potentially ruining) the original cd

Have you got a list of cdcops prot cd’s?

Originally posted by sasha79
Have you got a list of cdcops prot cd’s?
Hmm… what does this have to do with the topic of this thread?? :confused: :rolleyes:

:frowning: still trying this is one bone thats going to be worried to splinters.OK have not got clonecd4 profiles sorted yet will do eventually, need options if this does not pan out , did a quick check on support info came up with two sites www.techadvice.com, which turns out to be radioshack site and www.inside.dk had a quick scan but came up with zilch will do a more indepth search when I get a chance ,by the way excuse my ignorance (NEWBIE after all) explain dao+sao
thanks for your patience:confused:

OC-Freak is Right !!! The error message indicates that your burner is not fully supported.

I get nearly the same message when I try burning in RAW-DAO mode using my burner.

When I use RAW-SAO everything is fine.

Try using other modes.

One more thing, if your burner doesn’t support RAW-DAO like mine, Clone CD 4 will not work. I didn’t find the option to select RAW-SAO.

Use Clone CD 3.xxx

Thanks.

Originally posted by rockwell
:frowning: still trying this is one bone thats going to be worried to splinters.OK have not got clonecd4 profiles sorted yet will do eventually, need options if this does not pan out , did a quick check on support info came up with two sites www.techadvice.com, which turns out to be radioshack site and www.inside.dk had a quick scan but came up with zilch will do a more indepth search when I get a chance ,by the way excuse my ignorance (NEWBIE after all) explain dao+sao
thanks for your patience:confused:

DAO stands for Disc At Once wheres TAO stands for Track At Once and SAO Session At Once.

For more info on this check out these links

1. What is RAW?
  2. What is SubChannel Data?

Some game protections can be backed up succesfully only in raw dao mode - it’s hardware related