Desktop sony dvd rw

All of the sudden, I cant play a DVD in my Thinkcenter, The sound & picture are choppy & wobbly( out of synch ) It’s only 2 yrs. old - could it still be a problem w/ an out of date driver ? It’s A Sony DVD WR DRU - 820A

You do not give much info- as to is this original dvd or a backup not playing right. What media are you using and what program are you using to play dvd??? What operating system etc. In your statup is there alot running?? Added any recent changes on your computer or try a system restore to a date when was playing correctly.

Normally in this case DMA mode is deactivated…

[QUOTE=scotton;2279708]You do not give much info- as to is this original dvd or a backup not playing right. What media are you using and what program are you using to play dvd??? What operating system etc. In your statup is there alot running?? Added any recent changes on your computer or try a system restore to a date when was playing correctly.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scotton, I have tried all of that. DMA is activated original downloaded media was Nero suite 6. I have tried uninstalling that & replacing it w/ lots of other media sources Windows ,AVS, etc…-my screen keeps telling me to change the screen resolution to 1280 x 1024 I tried but it’s tiny -alot smaller than the screen It is set at 1024 x 768 now (normal size view) I have tried turning off blocker’s filter’s - cleaned laser lens… what am I missing ?

Some members have trouble if you install nero incd . You still don’t say what media you use by that I mean verbatim or sony, memorex etc… Also you don’t say what movie or whatever your writing to dvd-is it an avi file ??

Which DMA mode is activated??

[QUOTE=scotton;2279875]Some members have trouble if you install nero incd . You still don’t say what media you use by that I mean verbatim or sony, memorex etc… Also you don’t say what movie or whatever your writing to dvd-is it an avi file ??[/QUOTE]
It’s the Nero sofware, which was installed during setup -DVD player is named Nero showtime . I basically watch store bought concert DVD’s which worked fine up till a couple weeks ago .The DMA setting read that primary channel is Ultra DMA mode 5, secondary channel reads Ultra DMA mode 2. Only time Iv’e burned was music CD’s onto blank Memorex for road jams. Have tried system restore also

There may be a problem with nero showtime . Lets try vlc media player-it’s free . Go to www.filehippo.com on the right side scrool down a little and download vlc media player . If it does not work you can uninstall it.