Descrepancies in Nero CD/DVD Speed tests?

I just burned a ritek g04 dvd-r and innero cd/dvd speed 3.10 surface scan, it shows the last block of the 3.99gb disc as unreadable

using dvdinfopro 2.60, the read error test shows no errors

then back in nero cd/dvd speed 3.10, i did a disk quality test and it shows

General Information
Drive: ATAPI DVD DUAL 8X4X12
Firmware: B3C7
Disc: DVD-R (RITEKG04)
Selected speed: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 42
Average: 7.38
Total: 30189
PI failures
Maximum: 0
Average: 0.00
Total: 0
PO failures: 0
Jitter
Maximum: 12.5 %
Average: 10.34 %
Scanning statistics
Number of samples: 4090
Average scanning interval: 8.00 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

so it is readable 100% but why did the surface test show 99.10% good but 00.90% unreadable

This could be because the disc is not closed/finalized. I may be wrong though. Could anyone confirm this?

the thing is, it was finalized without any multisession, cause i burned an image of 3.99gb

i also just burned another disc full of regular data, no multisession and finalized…same results in surface scan, less than 1% unreadable but the other tests shows no errors at all and can be read

A red block at the end in scandisc is due to an open disc. Not burning multisession does not mean the disc is closed, you have to select the “close disc” option in the Nero burn dialogue. This is also true when burning images, you still have to select the close disc option.

oh ok thanks rdgrimes…

so i guess the disc is good then?

the close disc option in nero was grayed out and so i thought it would automatically do it since it shows it would

If the option is greyed out, then it should be closing the disc. Can’t say why your’s is doing that, but Nero can tell you if the burned disc is open or closed.

DVD writers and most newer DVD-ROMs will be able to read open discs but some DVD players may have problems with open discs.

If it is a data disc then you shouldn’t have any problem accessing the files without closing the disc. Video discs depend on the player.