Demonoid Gone?!

Anyone visit demoniod.com recently?! It’s not looking good for them…hope they find a way back online… :doh:

For now in the USA it is gone. :sad:

so you are saying it is up, but not to North America basically?

The website went offline a few weeks back as a result of its hosting providers receiving legal threats from the CRIA, but going by the news stories going around, its trackers are still active. About 6 weeks before that, they blocked Canadian vistors from its website from previous pressure.

If anyone is unable to view the message displayed on the website, this is what it currently shows, at least here in Ireland at this time of writing:

This was the same message I saw when I visited the website here in the U.S. If you use Azureus, you’ll see the demonoid trackers are still active and working. While you can’t browse the Demonoid site for torrents they ARE there somewhere. Some have speculated perhaps Demonoid will move its servers somewhere then reopen the website, but that’s just speculation now.

From what I have seen all of their trackers are down.
I am also not in the US.

Who gives a crap. There are plenty of more sites to get yer necessary pr0n.

I don’t think there was any pr0n on Demonoid. It might of been Banned.

Would you really want to use active trackers from an inactive website that is currently being targeted?

Demonoid is one of the few sites that are vastly superior to other sites that offer the same downloads. Their rating system is terrific. You get to know a lot about a certain download by the remarks made, and the remarks sections get a lot of use.
Also, they watch their board and delete all garbage.
All in all, one of the very best sites.

demonoid is good.

They will bring it back up, but it won’t be free to us anymore!:sad:

[QUOTE=THE C.;1946606]They will bring it back up, but it won’t be free to us anymore!:sad:[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that it will become a pay site? How do you know that? :wink:

[QUOTE=THE C.;1946606]They will bring it back up, but it won’t be free to us anymore!:sad:[/QUOTE]

They better not make it a pay service.

I only just discovered the site a few months ago. I can’t believe that it’s already going down the pan.

[quote=nork;1946374]Demonoid is one of the few sites that are vastly superior to other sites that offer the same downloads. Their rating system is terrific. You get to know a lot about a certain download by the remarks made, and the remarks sections get a lot of use.
Also, they watch their board and delete all garbage.
All in all, one of the very best sites.[/quote]

Private sites do all of the above but have way better speeds. There will be some torrents that have decent speeds but almost anyone can upload to public trackers. In order to an uploader on some site you have to have high upload speeds. This is from 1 specific site.

" - you should have atleast 10MBit (1’250 KB/s) upload bandwith."

I have seen some where they want to to have a 100Mbit line as well.

The biggest difference between Demonoid and some of the other sites is that they had alot more torrents and users which also made them an easier target. Sure you had to register at Demonoid but almost anyone could get an account there or upload anything there. Which make it that much easier for Big Brother and Co. But if you live across the pond it may not matter for now.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;1942238]Who gives a crap. There are plenty of more sites to get yer necessary pr0n.[/QUOTE]

Maybe no pr0n but a good idea about the site at all. :bigsmile: