Dell to cease shipment of Windows XP computers in October

vbimport

Dell to cease shipment of Windows XP computers in October.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/09/4Ez6XM.jpg[/newsimage]If, for any reason, you want a new computer that comes pre-installed with a Windows XP operating system you had better make your purchase now.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dell-to-cease-shipment-of-windows-xp-computers-in-october-34104/](http://www.myce.com/news/dell-to-cease-shipment-of-windows-xp-computers-in-october-34104/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m sure I’ve read this about 10 times since last year …

The End is NIGH! (for Windows XP)

[QUOTE=debro;2543180]The End is NIGH! (for Windows XP)[/QUOTE]
Still got the discs… no end until i say so. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2543193]Still got the discs… no end until i say so. :)[/QUOTE]

Or at least until Microsoft won’t let you activate your copy of XP.

Activation will continue for a long time. MS recently extended XP’s life for another decade or something ridiculous. And before that, through the Windows Embedded program XP pro OEM version was going to be available until 2016, to embedded partners only, but activation would still work up to then at least.

XP was a good OS, had a long ass lifetime… I used it for close to 10 years… Its the only OS I’ve ever used that long.

I’ve moved on to Windows 7… allthough i tweaked it alot to run more like XP… lol

Dell along with any other Manufacturers can do as they Darn-Well please. Fine, Don’t sell what the customer wants, Don’t support it. Fine Don’t “Update” the systems. When business gets to the point that the Manufacturer will only sell what they deem customers should buy, Customers Go Elsewhere. Personally, I’m shaking in my boots. When sales of what Dell wants you to have drop off to “0”, and they’ll be reducing the workforce, So Sad . Dell along with many others have outsourced their “Customer Service” to a place that can’t even speak english, much less make sense at “Problem Solving”. Oh Yes, Did I say : “Dell, Put it where the Sun Don’t Shine”.

I hate windows 7. Very disorganized, difficult to locate where to save and where I saved my items, hate libraries, adds confusion and duplicate locations.

[QUOTE=Don Keen;2543427] Dell along with many others have outsourced their “Customer Service” to a place that can’t even speak english, much less make sense at “Problem Solving”. Oh Yes, Did I say : “Dell, Put it where the Sun Don’t Shine”.[/QUOTE]
I don’t know what you’re on about.

Dells customer service representatives are highly skilled at pronouncing “Have you tried turning it off and on again” fluently with an Australian accent :iagree:

Of course, it doesn’t help much, when the it’s something serious, like a power supply failed, HDD failed, RAM failed, laptop outer casing is broken … and etc/etc.

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2543246]Or at least until Microsoft won’t let you activate your copy of XP.[/QUOTE] Oh my, how on earth will we ever bypass that nasty obstacle ? :cool: