Dell stockholders return company to Mikey D

vbimport

I tried to call Mikey D, but he wasn’t in. At least his phone still works, so I guess that, despite the billions he’s just spent buying back PCs LIMITED, he still has his phone-service for another month.

I am heading to Hubby’s office shortly and see how the PCs LIMITED box is doing. 486 with a math co-processor, 16Mb RAM with the add-in board. It’s not quite as fast in start-up as the Compaq 286/LTE, but with an SSD, maybe DOS 6 will load extra-fast.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for MFM drives to SATA connectors?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2699540]…I am heading to Hubby’s office shortly and see how the PCs LIMITED box is doing. 486 with a math co-processor, 16Mb RAM with the add-in board. It’s not quite as fast in start-up as the Compaq 286/LTE, but with an SSD, maybe DOS 6 will load extra-fast.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for MFM drives to SATA connectors?
[/QUOTE]
ChristineBCW, MFM 20 or 34 connector? {/joke} :smiley: Forget MFM to SATA connector, it´s complete different bus protocols. :flower:

BTW. A few years ago I tested my old Fujitsi Siemens x486 box from 1991 and it had no problem to load and run on Windoze 95. Not at blitz fast speeds, but the damn thing was running rather well, even with only 16Mb RAM but only with MS IE 4.0 though.

Pinto, for a couple of decades I’ve been winning the write-a-letter-to-Mom race using my Compaq 286/SLT, DOS and WordPerfect 5.1. Start up to the DOS prompt, launch WP51, type address block, Dear line, two paragraphs, print on a Deskjet and sign it. Until Win8 and SSDs arrived, I was beating our so-called fastest PCs.

And yes, forget the MFM… that’s the Compaq 386/33, and it’s a power-hog. With those two external full-height 5.25s, though, it’s a great wintry, snowed-in cabin warmer!!

I found the 486s were all IDE. I’m sooo sure those IDE-SATA connectors will do just fine!!

Mikey’s wife checked in. “Yes, put those shoes on hold for me - I better hold off - he signs checks for billions, and will be snarl when I show him the cutest $300 pumps!” Men.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2699561] Mikey’s wife checked in. “Yes, put those shoes on hold for me - I better hold off - he signs checks for billions, and will be snarl when I show him the cutest $300 pumps!” Men.[/QUOTE]
As long as the pumps fit him he will be OK . :bigsmile: :wink:

Don’t get me started about men in heels-! Now… if the subject is men in French Upstairs Maid costumes, well…

Post intro; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzlgJ-SfKYE.

I attended a Frontex meeting in Greece last year and I bought an Armani coat {fake}. Will it do [I]ChristineBCW[/I]. :smiley:

It’s hard to believe that START ME UP was delivered in 1981. Was this the last good original song of the Stones? Their version of HARLEM SHUFFLE but a good cover version.

Have they had another hit since then?

PCs Limited ended about that time, I believe - towards the end of the '80s, at least. Perhaps the moniker change to “Dell” was the smart move ultimately, and I’m not certain what Mikey D is considering with this move to re-owning the private version again.

Is he considering that his sole direction will allow a quicker transition for newer, more profitable products? They rebranded printers, rebranded monitors, even speakers.

I suppose dPhones will be next. dPads.