Dell laptop Inspiron 6000

vbimport

I have Dell Inspiron 6000,with a TSST Corp DVD+RW TS-L532B Drive.
I want to know ,what is the brand name of this drive,so that ican replace it.Thank you for your help…

samsung

It’s a Slim Drive with a locking screw on the bottom. Remove this screw and pull the CD/DVD Drive out. Get the Product Number and find a replacement from Dell or on eBay. :cool:

TSST = Toshiba-Samsung in a joint venture.

“HL” drives are “Hitachi-LG”

AD

[QUOTE=djmrdoublea;2586705]I have Dell Inspiron 6000,with a TSST Corp DVD+RW TS-L532B Drive.
I want to know ,what is the brand name of this drive,so that ican replace it.Thank you for your help…[/QUOTE]

What is the service tag so we can get a more accurate spec on the dell??

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=djmrdoublea;2586705]I have Dell Inspiron 6000,with a TSST Corp DVD+RW TS-L532B Drive.
I want to know ,what is the brand name of this drive,so that ican replace it.Thank you for your help…[/QUOTE]As already mentioned, this drive is made by Toshiba-Samsung. This is an OEM version made for Dell here. There are also versions of that drive for other big brand computers (HP, Acer etc.)

Since you want to replace it, get the Service Manual for your laptop. It is available on Dell support website.

The replacement drive must not necessarily be from the same manufacturer, but you have to keep in mind:

[ul]
[li]this is an older model with PATA interface, you need a replacement drive with the same internal Master/Slave setting.
[/li][li]custom front plates can be a real showstopper that is forcing you to buy basically the same drive again.
[/li][/ul]

Michael