Dell Laptop--Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

vbimport

Hello, guys!
I was confused by the boring problem for a long time–Dell Laptop–Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). I don’t know why and how to deal with this problem.
I have contacted the Dell Service and search the answer on the internet, but I can not find the right answer.
So, I hope you can tell me the main reason.
Someone kindhearted can help me, or give me some advice?
Thanks in advance!

Hi and Welcome!

very often, a BSOD gives some information about the component affected. So, additional information about that BSOD is needed.

Also, I’d recommend to run Dell Diagnostic (preinstalled on many Dell computers, also downloadable from Dell support website) in order to check if some hardware (like RAM or HDD) is faulty.

Michael

It would also be good to know the make and model as well as what O/S your using that will at least inform those using that desktop or laptop so they can at least tell you what might be going on???

Yeah, I am very happy that you share the helpful information with me. And I will cheak the hardware on the Dell Support Website as soon as possible.
Thank you, Michael!

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2543880]It would also be good to know the make and model as well as what O/S your using that will at least inform those using that desktop or laptop so they can at least tell you what might be going on???[/QUOTE]
O/S?
WindowsXP, and I have cheaked on the internet as Michael said, but I still have no idea about solve this problem. Perhaps I am not a computer expert, and I really do not know how to deal with it correctly.
Dear coolcolors , thank you for your kindness!

[QUOTE=heart_live1314;2543921]O/S?
WindowsXP, and I have cheaked on the internet as Michael said, but I still have no idea about solve this problem. Perhaps I am not a computer expert, and I really do not know how to deal with it correctly.
Dear coolcolors , thank you for your kindness![/QUOTE]

Which version of XP and service pack? What other firewall and AV software do you have installed and what did you do before the BSOD happened? Also you didn’t say what make and model of dell you have yet? Telling us the BSOD is good but without specs and what protection software you have it will be hard to diagnosis what is going on??? Go to dell site and do a service tag check and that should tell you what your make and model and software is installed. We have to get more specific to narrow down what is causing the problem as BSOD can be hardware or software problem and if you can’t get a screen shot of the BSOD error it’s going to be bit by bit trying to narrow done the cause of the BSOD…

Make sure you have all the latest driver and bios updates. You can find them easily on the Dell support website by entering the Dell Tag Code number. This Tag Code can be found on a sticker somewhere on your computer or in the computers’ BIOS.

If existent - would you please also attach/upload your latest crash dump file ?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2544017]Which version of XP and service pack? What other firewall and AV software do you have installed and what did you do before the BSOD happened? Also you didn’t say what make and model of dell you have yet? Telling us the BSOD is good but without specs and what protection software you have it will be hard to diagnosis what is going on??? Go to dell site and do a service tag check and that should tell you what your make and model and software is installed. We have to get more specific to narrow down what is causing the problem as BSOD can be hardware or software problem and if you can’t get a screen shot of the BSOD error it’s going to be bit by bit trying to narrow done the cause of the BSOD…[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thank you for your advise and your patient help.
I am not a computer expert and I am a little busy these days, so, I did not use my computer very often, so, the BSOD break off these days.
Thank you again, and if the issue came back again, I will deal with it as you said.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=heart_live1314;2544275]Yeah, thank you for your advise and your patient help.
I am not a computer expert and I am a little busy these days, so, I did not use my computer very often, so, the BSOD break off these days.
Thank you again, and if the issue came back again, I will deal with it as you said.:)[/QUOTE]

OK, but do remember that BSOD has dome something to your system and will come back to affect your computing down the line in the near or far future. So don’t forget anytime you have that kinda problem that will remain until the problem is fixed or your O/S is reinstalled to get rid of the problem.

And once again, WHAT MODEL!

I’d love to help you, but without a lot more information that you have previously been asked to provide…

AD

Dell, Vostro1310
So, thank you all warmheared guys, I have do these as you suggested, and I have connected the Dell Service and the problem was waiting to be solved in several days.
Thank you agian, thanks very much.

We don’t need marketing droids tricking our members.

Thread closed.