Deleting titles leaves me with no disc space (DVDR3475/37)

vbimport

This sounds strange, but whenever I record a title, watch it, then delete it via “title delete” it leaves me with even less space on the disc. I recorded a program earlier tonight and when I deleted it the player is now telling me that there is absolutely no space left on the disc. There isn’t anything on the disc though. I deleted all the shows I recorded. (I recorded a few shows over the past few days and deleted them all.) I’m using Verbatim DVD+R’s because at the moment that’s all I have. I’ve had this happen on three discs and I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong. Could someone enlighten me on this. I’ve checked my manual but I can’t find anything about this problem. I’m wasting discs because of this and I want to know what’s going on here. I tried recording again just now and that’s when the player told me I have absolutely no space left on the disc.

[QUOTE=onawire;2007066]I’m using Verbatim DVD+R’s[/QUOTE]

That’s the problem…

You’re not using re-writable DVDs…

You’re not “really” deleting anything…

You need to use either DVD-RW or DVD+RWs (or DVD-RAM) to reclaim space when you delete titles…

Hope this helps…

[quote=SCoooBY;2007114]That’s the problem…

You’re not using re-writable DVDs…

You’re not “really” deleting anything…

You need to use either DVD-RW or DVD+RWs (or DVD-RAM) to reclaim space when you delete titles…

Hope this helps…[/quote]

Thanks for replying. But I still have a question. In the corner of the packaging it has a little box that says RW. What’s that there for then?

Why does it come up on the edit section and tell me that I can do a ‘title delete’?

Also, which disc types will let me format them? I read that I could format the discs but I have no idea which discs will let me and how to do it.

In the corner of the packaging it has a little box that says RW. What’s that there for then?

I believe that RW stands for “Rewritable”…
That means you can use “Rewritable” discs…
Check your manual to find out whether it means you can use DVD-RW or DVD+RW discs… or both…

Why does it come up on the edit section and tell me that I can do a ‘title delete’?

It’s letting you remove references to the title, so that when you play the DVD, it will skip that title…
It’s not deleting it…
It will only delete the title when you are using “Rewritable” DVDs…

Also, which disc types will let me format them? I read that I could format the discs but I have no idea which discs will let me and how to do it.

Make sure you read the Manual…
The manual will give you all necessary information…
Only DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM discs are able to be formatted…