Deleting pictures that are right protected?

vbimport

Hi I have just purchased a Panasonic Lumix FS7 and have taken some random snaps to test it out which I have then viewed on my pc. I have not bothered installing their software as I usually just go into My Computer and view and transfer my pictures from there.

With my old camera I was able to delete the photos from the camera via the pc but this option isn’t available with this new camera.

It turns out that it is read only and when I try to overturn that, permission is denied as it is right protected.

All I want to be able to do is delete my pictures from my camera via the pc. Is this too much to ask?

Does anyone know of a way round this please?

Thanks

Linda

Yeah…I do the same, but have never heard of this problem before.

Check your memory card…some have a small safety switch which will prevent deletion. Turn it off and try again.

…and welcome to CDFreaks :cool:

Thanks for taking the time to respond but unfortunately that isn’t making any difference. :frowning:

Do you connect your PC to the camera via a USB cable, or do you take the SD card out and insert it into a card reader or slot in the PC?
I suggest you try reading the card via a card reader…there should then be no way you can´t delete the images you wish…an SD card is only an SD card so it shouldn´t matter which camera it was in.

That might work. My son has one somewhere so I’ll try that later. Still annoyed though that I can’t do what I’ve always done with my old (Samsung) camera without the need to fiddle about getting the card out of the camera everytime I want to put my pictures on my laptop.

Thanks for you help.

[QUOTE=baggiebabe;2448752]That might work. My son has one somewhere so I’ll try that later. Still annoyed though that I can’t do what I’ve always done with my old (Samsung) camera without the need to fiddle about getting the card out of the camera everytime I want to put my pictures on my laptop.

Thanks for you help.[/QUOTE]
What does the manual say? There might be an option in the camera. Check pg. 90.

[I]2 Protected picture (P79)[/I]

Maybe this can be toggled OFF.

Or simply go with the flow, transfer the pics you want then erase the card with the camera.