Deleting os from recovery console

vbimport

right am trying to fix a m8s laptop an its well gone lol.

well booting up in the list of os’s it has the windows xp and then 2 others named 1 and 2. in the recovery console it lists them as win xps as well.

the problem is wen i try starting it using any of them it loads up2 were you’d usually select youre login profile and a eroor box pops up with no code of explanation just the lil cross an emptey text box and the ok botten, wen i click the ok botten it throughs up a nother error box saying
“windows cannot create a defalt profil this may be dew to insufisiont sucurity rights”
so i click ok next one says
“windows could not load the the users profile but has loged you on with the defalt profile system DEATALS-insufishant system resorses exist to conplete the reqwested service”
its an old laptop so will only have a small hdd, has he atualy instaled an extra 2 copys of the os system?? taking up all system resorses or is it something else?? if it is haw can i delet the other os’s useing the recovery console?? or acsess the instaled restor factory setings?? have bin tryin this for days but to no avale :sad:

thanx for the help pep :bow::bow:

[QUOTE=pog13;2500344]right am trying to fix a m8s laptop an its well gone lol.

well booting up in the list of os’s it has the windows xp and then 2 others named 1 and 2. in the recovery console it lists them as win xps as well.

the problem is wen i try starting it using any of them it loads up2 were you’d usually select youre login profile and a eroor box pops up with no code of explanation just the lil cross an emptey text box and the ok botten, wen i click the ok botten it throughs up a nother error box saying
"windows cannot create a defalt profil this may be dew to insufisiont sucurity rights"
so i click ok next one says
"windows could not load the the users profile but has loged you on with the defalt profile system DEATALS-insufishant system resorses exist to conplete the reqwested service"
its an old laptop so will only have a small hdd, has he atualy instaled an extra 2 copys of the os system?? taking up all system resorses or is it something else?? if it is haw can i delet the other os’s useing the recovery console?? or acsess the instaled restor factory setings?? have bin tryin this for days but to no avale :sad:

thanx for the help pep :bow::bow:[/QUOTE]

Can you be more clearer on your last paragraph the grammer and spelling is so bad it’s hard to make out what your trying to say. You need to redo your request and have proper grammer so we can read and understand what your asking?? :confused:

sorry. i have bad dyslexia il try again lol

so i click ok and another warning box appears saying
"windows could not load the the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile system DETAILS-Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"
i was thinking that he has tried to re-install windows, but has just put extra installs on instead of a fresh install possibly taking up all the hdd and that’s what the warning is on about. if so does anyone no haw to delete installations using the recovery console as i cant gain access to his files. and if its not that what over options do i have?? i no he has a restore factory settings wizard but that’s inside windows.

sorry about the spelling and grammar on the last post i was knackered and obviously didn’t proof read it after hope this one is better thanx again x

Well here’s how it goes if you have the install cd/dvd or recovery cd you need to make sure when you first boot that in the Bios it goes to the cd/dvd drive first and loads the windows install cd/dvd. After that it should give you option as to what you want to do. If it is not a recovery cd it will ask to recover the O/S or delete all the partitions which I would do if you aren’t able to use the computer currently. Which by wiping out all the partitions you can have a single drive and then which you can reformat with just one O/S and then follow their instructions from that point on. If you have a recovery cd you have to also have the Bios to boot from the cd drive and from that point I think the cd will take over and walk you through in restoring the factory O/S and settings back onto the computer making it just like the day it was bought. And then from that you can install the programs you added onto since that time. But before doing all this note if you can backup any data or files you created since that time as those will all be lost when using these two ways of formatting your HDD.

[QUOTE=pog13;2500453]sorry. i have bad dyslexia il try again lol

[/QUOTE]

[B]Me too[/B] i undertood Everthing you said :flower:

[I]this forum needs more dicoders[/I] :bigsmile:

i don’t have the recovery disk for his Ive bean using my xp disk to get to the recovery console. i want to avoid using this as it means ages updating drivers ect , it is my last resort. so there is no way of accessing the recovery wizard inside windows through the recovery console or deleting the other installations??

iv just download ubcd (ultimate boot cd) says its a bootable image that says its got loads of recovery tools and its freeware, burning it now will let you no if i get anywhere.

if anyone can answer to questions in paragraph one it’ll be much appreciated even if its just for future reference

daine7 its well bad got to proof read everything an its still hard work for others to read lol

thanx all xx

ref- UBCD

i would advise everyone to get a copy of this as its freeware and only a few hundred MB. it has mobo tools and hdd tools only and loads more just started exploring it,
but it looks like one of the recovery tools has found the wizard and accessed it. just set up windows all up and running like new. why haven’t i herd of this software before?

would still like to no if there is a way of accessing the wizard or deleting installations through the windows recovery console

ow and thanx again for the help

Actually the UBCD has been around for some time.

fair enough, id never heard of it lol. pity nice peace of software though