Deleting files from rewritables

vbimport

Hi. I’m using Nero StartSmart. I do a lot of backups on DVDRWs. My problem is this: when I delete something from a DVDRW, Nero does that but then the space which that file took up on the disk does not become available for new data. Is it possible to delete a file from a rewritable disk and have that space immediately available? My workaround so far has been to erase the disk, but I don’t want to have to do that - sometimes I want to delete only one file out a group of files on the disk.

Welcome to CD Freaks.

I believe that’s one of the restrictions of Nero’s InCD. It’s not the best application for this type of operation.

I used to use Roxio’s DragToDisk & that worked the way it should. Space was freed when you deleted a file from a rewritable. If you think of using this then stick with Roxio 7.5.

Thanks, Tim. I came to Nero from Adaptec EZ CD, which I didn’t like all that much, but which did delete files and free up space on the disk. I’m surprised Nero doesn’t do it. It’s a dumb limitation. I thought it was just me. I’m usually my own biggest dumb limitation.