Deleting Dual Track Audio

Hello all –

Anyone know of something quick and easy get rid of one track of a dual audio video file?

Do you mean either the left or right stereo tracks of the audio, or other full audio streams like director’s commentary, other language, etc?

Just read what I wrote. Left a bit to be desired, didn’t it.

Full audio stream. I’m trying to delete one language track.

If the video is an avi, you can use virtualdubmod. Open the video, go to menu “stream”, select “Strem list”, select the track you want to remove and delete it.

Remember to select “direct stream copy” in the video menu, or the video will be encoded again (a really slow process)

[quote=geno888;1967854]If the video is an avi, you can use virtualdubmod. Open the video, go to menu “stream”, select “Strem list”, select the track you want to remove and delete it.

Remember to select “direct stream copy” in the video menu, or the video will be encoded again (a really slow process)[/quote]

Hey, thanks. Had VDM sitting on the box for a while but was kinda daunted by it (still am, as I know shite about this . . . ). Did what ya said and have a perfectly working copy of what I was looking forward to. Cheers.

Man, do I have some reading to do.

Spoke too soon. Audio is outta sync.

I don’t know exactly where in VDM, but in virtualdub there is the “interleaving” command in the audio menu.

Now that the avi has only a single audio stream, you can use VD to correct the sync :slight_smile:

[quote=geno888;1967890]I don’t know exactly where in VDM, but in virtualdub there is the “interleaving” command in the audio menu.

Now that the avi has only a single audio stream, you can use VD to correct the sync :)[/quote]

Appreciates for the input. I’ll fart with it and get back on how I made out.

Time to put your original disc into the drive and make a copy/rip with only the one Audiostream you want. :cop:

Besides, please make your words/posts more polite.

[QUOTE=Wanderlust;1967865]Hey, thanks. Had VDM sitting on the box for a while but was kinda daunted by it (still am, as I know shite about this . . . ). Did what ya said and have a perfectly working copy of what I was looking forward to. Cheers.

Man, do I have some reading to do.

Spoke too soon. Audio is outta sync.[/QUOTE]

[quote=chef;1968149]Time to put your original disc into the drive and make a copy/rip with only the one Audiostream you want. :cop:

Besides, please make your words/posts more polite.[/quote]

Sorry, I didn’t realize I was being impolite. In fact I’m sure I wasn’t. If you mean the language (s****, f***), well yeah, I can tone it down.

cheers

PS. I don’t have any origianl disc. This is a file made for me by a Spanish speaking friend of mine. I’ve no idea why he left the Spanish track on. Oh well, maybe I’ll get him to do it again.

[QUOTE=Wanderlust;1968244]PS. I don’t have any origianl disc. This is a file made for me by a Spanish speaking friend of mine. I’ve no idea why he left the Spanish track on. Oh well, maybe I’ll get him to do it again.[/QUOTE]

Just use VirtualDub or VDMOD or nandub.
Guides are available on doom9.org & videohelp.com.

[quote=chef;1968469]Just use VirtualDub or VDMOD or nandub.
Guides are available on doom9.org & videohelp.com.[/quote]

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers