Delayed Write Failed - Pio 111L

vbimport

So I’ve got 2 RAM drives - a Pio 111L (was 111D) and a NEC 4570.

However I connect these the NEC works fine when drag & dropping to a UDF 1.5 formatted Panasonic RAM disk.
The Pio is almost always failing with the Windows error of “Delayed Write Failed”.

I’ve searched extensively not just here but globally & can’t find any solution.

I’m using the same drivers that I used on a previous XP build when the PIo was fine.

Can it be a hardware problem with the 111?

Try formatting as FAT32. should be possible

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/22061/

But my DVD recorder doesn’t like that.

Thanks for the link but nothing in it that helps. :sad:

Well I’ve installed XP and only XP on a spare disk & the problem still exists so I don’t think that it’s to do with any other drivers or software installed.

I’ve tried various RAM disks, previous firmware versions and removed the 4570 in case there was a conflict but the problem still exists.

Is it just possible that the RAM writing hardware is at fault?

If it is I can hardly return it as it was an 111D & there’s nothing wrong on that side at all.

Perhaps I just have to stick with the 4570 for RAM disk writing for the time being.

Sounds like communication problem. Try a 40 pin IDE cable and force both drive to work in UDMA-2 mode instead of UDMA-4 (if you can set this in the motherboard BIOS).

I guess I could but this has worked perfectly well for some time now so initially I thought there might be a conflict somewhere but I’m inclined to think it’s a hardware issue with the 111.

If I can find a 40wire cable amongst my collection I’ll give your suggestion a try.

What kind of motherboard (or ATA/IDE controller) do you have? On Nforce based systems sometimes better to use the default XP IDE/ATA driver and not to install the Nvidia IDE drivers. On the other hand, if you have some older Intel based motherboard, you have to remove IAA (Intel Application Accelerator) to make the ODD drives communication more stable, especially if you want to use two drives simultaneously on one IDE channel.

In my experience Pioneer and NEC drives are working much better at UDMA-2 an 40 pin cables with many motherboard, so if your BIOS support to set the communication mode manually, give it a try.

Other resident CD/DVD-programs like emulators can interfere with the drives communication, if you have installed Alcohol, CloneCD, BlindWrite etc. than try to uinstall these applications before you do anything else.