Deja Vu

Anyone else not able to copy this movie? I get a message saying “errors while reading, please choose what to do”. Then it gives me a choice of ignore, skip, abort, retry or something like that. I tried choosing ignore and it was able to make a copy, but the movie kept skipping. I guess the ignore option isn’t a good idea.

And I am using the latest version, 8.2.1.8

[QUOTE=kendvp;2664353]Anyone else not able to copy this movie? I get a message saying “errors while reading, please choose what to do”. Then it gives me a choice of ignore, skip, abort, retry or something like that. I tried choosing ignore and it was able to make a copy, but the movie kept skipping. I guess the ignore option isn’t a good idea.

And I am using the latest version, 8.2.1.8[/QUOTE]

Is this the film version from 2006 with Denzel Washington?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2664433]Is this the film version from 2006 with Denzel Washington?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Yup…

[QUOTE=kendvp;2664489]Yup…[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… you shouldn’t be having a problem with this disc as that’s quite an old title now.

DVDFab occasionally struggles with the odd older disc so try installing version 8.0.8.5. which is the last version before they started using the Qt environment.

Don’t worry about it affecting your existing installation as this version and your current one will operate side by side.

You can download version 8.0.8.5. from here.

Try this and let us know how you get on.

[B]Wombler[/B]

As I recall putting that movie on my server I didn’t need anything other than that ancient, no longer developed decrypter that can also make movies smaller.

Actually ‘Deja Vu’ was an awkward one as it has multiple versions of the film with interleaved ILVU segments on top of revised structural protection.

I remember looking at that one in PgcEdit and I think all the ripping programs had to be updated to cope with it.

That was quite a while ago though and all current programs should do it without problems.

DVDFab has the odd glitch in relation to older discs though and I could understand this possibly being one of them.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Nope, it does the same thing. Tried on version 8.0.8.5 and it says "Reading/Writing Error Control, Error while reading! Please choose what to do, Retry, Abort, Ignore, Ignore All.

I am using the Main Movie option on Blu-ray. The last few Blu-ray movies I copied worked fine, I did Battleship and a few others without any issues.

OIC, I have the DVD version. My bad…

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2664610]OIC, I have the DVD version. My bad…[/QUOTE]

You weren’t the only one caught out by that. :wink:

[QUOTE=kendvp;2664609]Nope, it does the same thing. Tried on version 8.0.8.5 and it says "Reading/Writing Error Control, Error while reading! Please choose what to do, Retry, Abort, Ignore, Ignore All.

I am using the Main Movie option on Blu-ray. The last few Blu-ray movies I copied worked fine, I did Battleship and a few others without any issues.[/QUOTE]

Unless this is a new edition this Blu-ray disc was released quite a while ago.

There were some difficulties when it was first released but these were all sorted so unfortunately if looks as if you might have either a bad pressing. or a dirty or damaged disc.

Examine the surface of the disc carefully by reflecting it in a light and see if you can see any defects.

Even if you can’t see anything try cleaning the disc with a dab of either methylated spirits or isopropyl alcohol on a clean lint free cloth. Both of these are safe to use on polycarbonate but don’t try any other solvents as you could damage the disc.

If that doesn’t work then I’m afraid your only option is to exchange it.

[B]Wombler[/B]