Deja Vu; separate 'Making of' portion has movie soundtrack instead

I just tried coping the added feature ‘Making of’ (whatever it was called) and found the audio track was from the movie itself, not of the clip I was watching.

I understand “directors comments” within the actual movie itself, but this is a separate clip. :confused:

Another issue, why are there two versions of the movie of different lengths, but the same number of chapters? They are both 16x9 unlike movies that have both aspect ratios. If the 2nd version is another angle, why is it a different length?

Lastly, this disc has a 26 other entries entries (other than the two movie version and the ‘added feature’) which I assume are the indivual chapters. Why?

Input?

I figured this all out when this movie came out but I don’t remember the specifics now, but there are reasons for the strange authoring related to the special features. The path of least resistance with Deja Vu is to use Clone mode or perhaps Full Disc. You can try forcing PathPlayer to do a deeper scan by changing the sliders in Common Settings. Try “Scan Cells…” at 600 seconds and set the VOBU slider to scan one for every five. This may take some time to complete the scan but may give DVDFab the information it needs for this unusual disc if you want to stick with Customize. (Also try putting a checkmark in the multiple BOV checkbox.)

“Juice” is misspelled in your sig. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=videobruce;2306812]I just tried coping the added feature ‘Making of’ (whatever it was called) and found the audio track was from the movie itself, not of the clip I was watching.

I understand “directors comments” within the actual movie itself, but this is a separate clip. :confused:

Another issue, why are there two versions of the movie of different lengths, but the same number of chapters? They are both 16x9 unlike movies that have both aspect ratios. If the 2nd version is another angle, why is it a different length?

Lastly, this disc has a 26 other entries entries (other than the two movie version and the ‘added feature’) which I assume are the indivual chapters. Why?

Input?[/QUOTE]

You’re trying to do too many things here at once.

You want to copy the ‘Making of’ feature, yet you’re including the film’s audio track (with Director’s comments) as part of the feature. Too much.

You should just be doing title 18 (the ‘Making Of’ feature) and the English audio portion - you apparently also want subtitles, yet checked too many of those, too…just check the English ones (NOT the Director’s Comments), and use just those three for the rip; Title 18, English Audio ONLY, and the English Subpicture ONLY.

Why is one longer than the other? Do some quick mental arithmetic, and total the film (2:06) plus the extra (Making of - 38:51) and you’ll find that they come to within seconds of the length of title 2 - apparently the title 2 is the film, Director’s comments and Making Of all rolled into one.

Have you tried watching it to determine if this is the case?

The other items on that list are probably ‘red herrings’ - items put there to fox any copying programs that try to copy the disk - one or two of them may be things like the film’s art-work, or photos from the set - I don’t have this DVD, so I don’t know what extras are offered, but they are definitely NOT the individual chapters of the film.

Hope this helps.

OC

:slight_smile:

As I recall the multiple short titles are played when you select something in the special features. They may be deleted scenes.

If all you want to extract is the 36 minute title, put a check in the “Remove Menus” box after you click Next, then click Back and set the regular (top) audio to play by default (click to the left of the stream checkbox so that the “DEFAULT” arrow appears). Click Next again, click Start. The default arrow is explained in the Tutorial [B]here[/B](scroll down to the “Tip” at the bottom of the page).

You can try forcing PathPlayer to do a deeper scan by changing the sliders in Common Settings. Try “Scan Cells…” at 600 seconds and set the VOBU slider to scan one for every five.
Huh??
multiple BOV checkbox
More huh??
You’re trying to do too many things here at once.
I’m only trying to do two; copy the overflow from the 1st DVD (no additional compression) to a 2nd DVD and this ‘added feature’. The audio boxes that were shown checked were just the way it was set from the last time I used the program. The orginal ripping was done using CloneDVD2, not DVD Fab. I just wanted to see how it would show up here.
I don’t want subtitles. No other tracks, just the intended audio.
apparently the title 2 is the film, Director’s comments and Making Of all rolled into one.
I didn’t do that math. Ok, why are there the same number of chapters? No, I didn’t watch the other version.
Bottom line, just another very stupid DVD menu system. :a DVD’s are great for quality and space, but that is it.

Videobruce,
Use customise. Ucheck everything exept title #1. Remove all subtitles. Remove all audio exept the language you want.
If you want english just check english ac-3/5.1. Click next and check remove menus. Click start.
Happy ripping,
The Zip

The 2:05 title is the theatrical release version. The longer one has extended/deleted scenes and the “Surveillance Window” feature.

Here are some old threads with information about this movie:

This one has information and screen shots
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/deja-vu-very-strange-problems-screenshots-225607/?highlight=Deja

So does this one: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/deja-vu-problem-226899/?highlight=Deja

Some of the problems and features mentioned in those threads have been corrected or improved in later releases of DVDFab, the posts date back to v3.

The PathPlayer slider controls are in DVDFab Common Settings->PathPlayer, but you may not really need to change them based on what you said you want to copy. Just use the Preview window to make sure you have the correct audio selected for the “Making of…” feature.

[QUOTE=videobruce;2307224]Huh??More huh??I’m only trying to do two; copy the overflow from the 1st DVD (no additional compression) to a 2nd DVD and this ‘added feature’. The audio boxes that were shown checked were just the way it was set from the last time I used the program. The orginal ripping was done using CloneDVD2, not DVD Fab. I just wanted to see how it would show up here.
I don’t want subtitles. No other tracks, just the intended audio.I didn’t do that math. Ok, why are there the same number of chapters? No, I didn’t watch the other version.
Bottom line, just another very stupid DVD menu system. :a DVD’s are great for quality and space, but that is it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.
As I said just another f*cked up DVD menu structure. :iagree:

Strangest one I can remember.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks so.
Actually, lame is a better word. Must be someone that writes for M$ that setup the menu for this one. :bigsmile: