Deinterlacing?

Hi

I’m trying to capture some TV shows that I’ve recorded on my PVR

Could someone please tell me how I would go about deinterlacing the video I’ve captured

I’m using a USB Instant DVD by ADS to capture the video in MPEG2 format @ 4MB/Sec, I’m just using the software that came with it called CapWiz, it also came with Ulead VideoStudio 5.0 SE and Sonic MyDVD, I don’t like using Ulead as it takes ages to do anything and MyDVD doesn’t detect the USB Instant DVD for some reason

Is there any other software I could/should use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Stu

Why do you need to de-interlace it? Most commercial DVD’s are interlaced.

I’ve found a quick fix for my problem, before when I watched the interlaced MPEG’s it looked terrible on my PC, there where lines around any area of motion motion, but I’ve discovered that by getting PowerDVD to play the files it removes the lines

I don’t think all that many DVD’s are interlaced (could be wrong and probably am, as I know bollocks all about this), I have almost 60 DVD’s and there are only about 10 that seem to be interlaced and they are the DVD’s that are TV Episodes eg. Men Behaving Badly Series 1-6, Father Ted and I’m Alan Partridge, all my other film DVD’s copy perfect

Maybe the lines I see are nothing to do with interlacing, but they look exactly the same

hardly any PAL dvds are interlaced in the UK
just those where the movie/series were made for TV

but maybe its different down under

Depends if they are NTSC or PAL as well. Your right, most TV series DVD’s are interlaced but top shelp programs like PowerDVD or WinDVD “fixes” the interlaced problem on playback for your PC. Played on your DVD Player & TV, well all TV’s are interlaced so even non-interlaced movies are show interlaced.

Most of our DVD R4 are actually R2 & R4, the very same DVD sold in Europe. I was speeking more internationally, a lot of NTSC R1 stuff is interlaced.

Interlaced Titles are mostly the NTSC DVD’s.
Ive never come across a DVD in Region 4 that ive found needs Deinterlacing.

And just to add to the cards, Region 2 & 4 are just about exactly the same for the majority of titles (Look on the back of Lord Of The Rings 2-Disc for 2,4)

Originally posted by -=][Y]{=-
[B]Interlaced Titles are mostly the NTSC DVD’s.
Ive never come across a DVD in Region 4 that ive found needs Deinterlacing.

I’ve never found one thats needs deinterlacing either, fond many interlaced, but like I said, why de-interlace it. It only makes it worse.

And just to add to the cards, Region 2 & 4 are just about exactly the same for the majority of titles (Look on the back of Lord Of The Rings 2-Disc for 2,4) [/B]

If you use DVD Decrytor it tells you most R4 DVDs are actually R2 & R4 regardless of whats written on the box.

I’ve found that most Region 4 movie DVDs are interlaced. Only the occasional one is Progressive.