Defeat Copy Protections with a firewall

vbimport

You should be able to defeat copy protections with a good firewall. I use Tiny Personal Firewall 5.5xx it has very good application protection. It allows me to configure when i start a game, exactly what the game is permitted to do. I denyed it rights to all inter process communication and using the registry to access it’s securom crap. If you save all of this to the config you will have a game that works without a crack. Now that I think about it it is probably quicker just to download a crack but if a crack isnt out or you just want to experiment, its an alternative. It is also useful to use a firewall like this becuase it stops anything from installing from autorun without permission like starforce etc…

There will be no talk of cracks in these forums…when are people going to learn!! EVEN if you own a game, a crack is illegal as it modifies the copy-righted game itself!! And no, a firewall MIGHTwork on some games, but it will not work for most.

easy there drakan, The guy’s just trying to float some ideas about…

He hasn’t asked for any cracks, nor supplied a place to get them. Noone here should be so niave to think that cracks don’t exist.

To talk about the issue is legal, and to put down his theory point blank with a bullshit statement as “And no, a firewall MIGHTwork on some games, but it will not work for most.” is just plain ignorant. where is your evidence to support that claim?

Let’s keep this place a friendly site for all new and old, with guidance to those in need.

No harm was meant.

From other posts on this web site and the like, the very mention of “using” a crack is looked down on. Second, where do you get off then saying my post is bullshit? You even wrote yourself

“Let’s keep this place a friendly site for all new and old, with guidance to those in need.”

I posted this info out of MY knowledge so let me say my opinion. I never said or did anything wrong…geesh!

One last thing…when you defeat Starforce, tages, sd, etc with a firewall let me know.