Default Arrow by subpictures functioned not always

Sorry, for my bad english, i speak german only!

“You can specify the audio and subpicture as default when playing backup DVD by the arrow. This “Default Arrow” can be moved to other audio/subpictures by clicking just to the left of the checkbox for the item. Clicking on the arrow itself turns the default off. Selecting a default subpicture will force start the subtitles on most players.”

Although I set the arrow for a sub-title, this does not function with each film that the sub-title is indicated automatically. Sometimes it, but only, folds if I keep all sub-titles of all languages with and set then the arrow, as usual, if I liked to keep only the German sub-titles.

Urgixgax

[quote=urgixgax;2142536]Sorry, for my bad english, i speak german only!

“You can specify the audio and subpicture as default when playing backup DVD by the arrow. This “Default Arrow” can be moved to other audio/subpictures by clicking just to the left of the checkbox for the item. Clicking on the arrow itself turns the default off. Selecting a default subpicture will force start the subtitles on most players.”

Although I set the arrow for a sub-title, this does not function with each film that the sub-title is indicated automatically. Sometimes it, but only, folds if I keep all sub-titles of all languages with and set then the arrow, as usual, if I liked to keep only the German sub-titles.

Urgixgax[/quote]
Greetings Urgixgax and welcome to CD Freaks
If you open common settings look on the left side under "Streams click on subpictures/subtitles, this will open the subpicture settings page choose the subtitle on the left you want as defuault and move it into the window on the right then click OK…this will then show only the subtitle you have selected and it will be the default all the time.

Have a nice day :flower:

Hi Urgixgax
Did you mean

1. the default choosing of subtitles for DVDFab to process (i.e. already with checkmark in the box when DVDFab opens) or,
  2. Player default subtitles that always play when you watch the movie, and they play without pushing any buttons on the player?
    Your english is fine, we just need more information. :slight_smile:

I hope I you correctly understood. It does not concern, that with each film, which are always indicated German sub-title. There are films, where there is present for a language two times sub-titles and is automatically indicated in that original DVD one this sub-title. For example with scenes in a second language, which is then translated with sub-titles.

Urgixgax

In order it more exactly to describe, if the marked arrow, with which and is this is set to second German sub-titles now to be indicated automatically, functions only, if all sub-titles before these are also copied, on the DVD. If I take only the two German sub-titles, it does not function and it is not indicated of the two German sub-titles automatically, if the film runs.

Urgixgax

With the settings you showed, the subtitles should display. Also, you should not need to select all previous subtitles. I do not know why this is not working correctly for you; it may be perhaps the way the subpictures are encoded or some other aspect of the structure of the original DVD. To find an answer, you can download (free) DVDSubEdit, an excellent tool for working with subpictures. This software will allow you to apply a forced start command (inside the VOB file) to the subpicture you wish to display. The default arrow in DVDFab is applied in the IFO file I believe and with some DVDs/players/copy settings does not always make the subpictures display automatically. DVDSubEdit works from a decrypted VIDEO_TS folder on your HDD, so use DVDFab in Main Movie or Customize first to make the folder.

Here is a link for DVDSubEdit: http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/