Decrypter says use Platinum but I have it

vbimport

I bought a copy of DVDfab Platinum 4 to meet all my DVD copying needs… :flower:

I installed, ran, then clicked the registration key and all ok.
Slapped a DVD in as requested (Da Vinci Code), it analysed it and popped up a box saying it was CSS encrypted please contact them and wouldn’t carry on :sad:

I then read some stuff on here and dowloaded DVDfab HD Decrypter which when ran finds the DVD and allows me to rip it but when I select DVD5 it’s a feature of platinum!

So what gives…?

[QUOTE=Calzor Suzay;2034166]I bought a copy of DVDfab Platinum 4 to meet all my DVD copying needs… :flower:

I installed, ran, then clicked the registration key and all ok.
Slapped a DVD in as requested (Da Vinci Code), it analysed it and popped up a box saying it was CSS encrypted please contact them and wouldn’t carry on :sad:

I then read some stuff on here and dowloaded DVDfab HD Decrypter which when ran finds the DVD and allows me to rip it but when I select DVD5 it’s a feature of platinum!

So what gives…?[/QUOTE]

You need to download and install from DVDfab.com not from .net you can also download from
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-1-2-0-out-241711/

So what’s the difference?

I went via the .com and when you buy it you end up at .net?

Downloaded from .com and the file is different name doesn’t have “noncss” in the title, why the confusion in different files?

Apparently this is because of legal implications.

I don’t know the details but it has been discussed on this forum previously.

couldnt help but notice the similarity in your nickname to [B]Keyser Soze[/B] a character from The Usual Suspects.

It’s intentional troy :slight_smile:

nice. :slight_smile: one of my favorite movies. :iagree:

…DVD writing with an NEC 2510,…I’d like to buy in bulk (100) so need to get the choice right first time, I’m looking to burn at the full speed of the drive (8x?) on single sided 4.7gb media…

what are you using now? i see a couple people suggested taiyo yuden in your other thread from 2004. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/what-media-104498/

this is still a very good choice. look at rima.com and supermediastore.com for some good deals.

I’ve been buying Verbatim DVD+R Advanced AZO+ mainly because they where on special and have worked so stuck with them.