Decrease speed for Asus drw 1814blt

vbimport

Hi.Hello.
I’m new here and I do not write very good English, but I try to understand it best.
I want to lower the writing speed cd-r and dvd-r on my writer Asus drw 1814BLT.
To do this, I searched information in google but I did not clarify.

a) the first option you have is to put the 1.10 firmware that records DVD-R: 18X, 16X, 14X, 12X, 8X, 6X, 4X, 2X and CD-R: 48X, 40X, 32X, 16X, 10X, 4X.
I put but still recording at the speed of 8x for CD and 4 x for DVD.
Because, I d´ont understand !

b) MediaCodeSpeedEdit use the software, but also give them work.
http://club.myce.com/f61/mediacodespeededit-tool-dvd-writers-114269/index41.html#post2125896

I followed those instructions but the Media Code Speed ​​Edit does not recognize the file.

And just looking to burn a cd-r and dvd-r to 2 x. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Greetings.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I don’t know why MediaCodeSpeedEdit is not able to made changes in your files, but with the currently discs available in stores it is not advisable to burn at a so low speed. Most of currently available DVDs give better results if burned at 12x or 8x. The old myth that “the lower the better” is not more valid with nowadays discs.

The same is for CDs: there is no reason to burn at 2x; probably (I’m not sure at 100% but it seems very likely to me) no drive is actually able to burn at a so low speed, because lasers are manufactured to write at very high speed (up to 22x or more).

If you have problems with your burned discs, using a lower speed could be not the solution for the problem. In fact, most of times, a bad burn is caused by a low quality disc, and no drive (whatever burning speed you use) can transform a bad disc into a good one. The only solution is to buy only good quality media, and write them at the optimal speed (optimal is not equal to lowest)

[QUOTE=Follow_Me;2651907]
I put but still recording at the speed of 8x for CD and 4 x for DVD.
[U]Because, I d´ont understand ![/U]

[B]And just looking to burn a [B]cd-r and dvd-r to 2 x. [/B]Is that possible?[/B]

Thanks,
Greetings.[/QUOTE]

That would be useless.

If you want to achieve such speed for WHATEVER reason, buy oldi drives!!!

[QUOTE=geno888;2651959]Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I don’t know why MediaCodeSpeedEdit is not able to made changes in your files, but with the currently discs available in stores it is not advisable to burn at a so low speed. Most of currently available DVDs give better results if burned at 12x or 8x. The old myth that “the lower the better” is not more valid with nowadays discs.

The same is for CDs: there is no reason to burn at 2x; probably (I’m not sure at 100% but it seems very likely to me) no drive is actually able to burn at a so low speed, because lasers are manufactured to write at very high speed (up to 22x or more).

If you have problems with your burned discs, using a lower speed could be not the solution for the problem. In fact, most of times, a bad burn is caused by a low quality disc, and no drive (whatever burning speed you use) can transform a bad disc into a good one. The only solution is to buy only good quality media, and write them at the optimal speed (optimal is not equal to lowest)[/QUOTE]
Hello.
Thanks for your answer.
The CD’s and DVD’s I burn for use in an old player of 2000 and if I burn more speed, give fail.
Think that the age can affect?
Another question, which cds / dvds you recommend?

Regards.

[QUOTE=chef;2652132]That would be useless.

If you want to achieve such speed for WHATEVER reason, buy oldi drives!!![/QUOTE]
Hi.
That I did, but I have to remove one and put another and do not like.

Thanks for your advice.
Greetings

I think that that player is too old to recognize all recently produced media, probably the burning speed is not the real issue. A firmware update for that player should solve, but I’m afraid that you’ll not find any firmware update for it :frowning:

Too bad, all recently produced media are manufactured to be burned at high speed, and if you burn these discs too slowly, you’ll get a coaster.

The only reasonable solution is to get a more recent player. Another possibility is to get rid at all of optical supports, using a player able to read files from a flash memory like an USB pendrive or a secure digital card. Another solution could be connect a mp3 player to your player through a stereo connector for example, so you don’t need at all any CD to be burned. If you are concerned about quality, you can avoid to compress your music to mp3 and save it as WAV files or FLAC (a lossless compression codec). Some players like the SanDisk Sansa Clip+ are able to read FLAC :slight_smile:

Another (very difficult) solution is trying to find old media and burn these with an old burner, but there is a very low probability you can find old media and an old drive still working :frowning:

Regarding media, I suggest to use only the very best, i.e. Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden: these are the only proven reliable media available in the market. All other brands have a hugely variable quality (from decent to ugly)

Hi.
Thanks for your help. And sorry to answer you later.
Regards and keep it up!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: