Decrease reading speed on Samsung SE-S224Q

vbimport

I have a Samsung SE-S224Q (external drive) that I want to slow down my reading speed on.
I’m gonna use it to play DVD-videos with my TViX HD M-7000 and as it is now its quite noisey since the reading speed is at 16x.
I have been looking for a way to get the reading speed down to 2-6x without any sucess…
I have tried using MCSE but all I could do when I open the firmware (SE-S224Q_TS00.bin) is to make changes with the RPC1 patch…nothing else. :sad:
Is there an other way to fix my problem?? :confused:
Need help… :bow:

Hi and Welcome!

unfortunately I am not aware of any “read speed decrease” firmware patch for Samsung drives.
Normally, they are factory set speed limited (“Riplocked”) for DVD video, so they should run slower automagically if a DVD video disc is inserted. This may not apply to DVD discs with AVI, DivX and similar material.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2151746]Hi and Welcome!

unfortunately I am not aware of any “read speed decrease” firmware patch for Samsung drives.
Normally, they are factory set speed limited (“Riplocked”) for DVD video, so they should run slower automagically if a DVD video disc is inserted. This may not apply to DVD discs with AVI, DivX and similar material.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Ok. Then my Samsung drive probably isnt Riplocked…
Dosnt matter if I play DVD-video, DivX or mkv it still sounds like a sawmill…:a

I remember that exists an utility by Samsung, that lets you increase or decrease the reading speed of your drive. It is called “MagicSpeed”.

[QUOTE=juancdg;2152437]I remember that exists an utility by Samsung, that lets you increase or decrease the reading speed of your drive. It is called “MagicSpeed”.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know…but its just like Nero Drive Speed and all the other similar softwares out there…It dont modify the firmware.
So sure it works fine if the burner is connected to the computer but when you connect it the the TViX its back to the sawmill… :Z

According to Samsung, Magic Speed does only work for CD media.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2152904]According to Samsung, Magic Speed does only work for CD media.[/QUOTE]

It works on booth…I have tried it. Samsung just dont know the difference…:stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,[QUOTE=malkavian800;2155167]It works on booth…I have tried it. Samsung just dont know the difference…:p[/QUOTE]This is interesting. Thanks for that information :slight_smile:

Michael