Decrease burn speed to 2x in Nero 7.8.5.0

I want to burn my DVD’s at 2x the speed, but it only allows me to select 4x as the slowest burn speed. Does anyone know how to bypass this?

Does anyone recommend a better version of Nero 7 to use?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Is there a particular reason? Most high-speed media does better at speeds over 4x (of course this depends on media quality and other things). :slight_smile:

The speeds you’re offered in Nero are down to the drive’s firmware I’m afraid.

Well, I am trying to burn data DVD’s and I find that lower speeds are better, since I don’t get as many coasters (data gets easily corrupt w/ faster speeds). When I was using Nero 6.xx, I was able to have the option to burn @ 2x

I might have to go ahead and look at an update for my firmware, but I don’t know why it wouldn’t work anyways.

Thank you :slight_smile:

That’s a bit of an Internet myth (that slower is better) - if you’re using good media (Verbatim, Sony, Taiyo Yuden) then you shouldn’t have a problem at the rated speed or near it. :slight_smile:

I burn at higher speeds all the time with decent media, no problems whatsoever here. :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks for the help Arachne. I guess I’ll go grab some better media (I just picked up what was availiable at Walmart). :bigsmile: