Deciphering the manufacturing date of your media (with pictures + all major mfg's!)

vbimport

I Have a modern Traxdata CD-R 80 Classic (black with silver, part no. TXS5280) and it does not have a hub code, but have a stamper code. Can you help me to identify the CD manufacturing date using the stamper code?

Hi
The CD is probably from Ritek …
What is the MID (ATIP) code?

Sadly no. The stamper code can be at best a clue to roughly estimate the year/period of years of manufacture.

The MID is 97m15s17f (RITEK CO. TAIWAN)

Post the stamper number (it is located in the recording layer near the central hole) - maybe someone will be able to identify the period of years in which your disc was made.

The download link is not valid at the moment, unfortunately.
Is it only me?

Do you consider a cross-platform release?

On purpose? May I ask, why?

This link works. Sorry, I did not find it first.
Thank you.

Me too, I agree.
There is however, still room for improvement. See:

Universal open-source optical disc drive firmwares?

Daxon Technology:
CD-R hub code: UE08D07132122 1 80A4

E - the year of manufacture (A-1999, B-2000, C-2001,etc.)
08 - the month of manufacture (01-12)
D - internal process code
07 - the manufacturing line number
13 - date of manufacture (1-31)
2122 - hour and minute of manufacture
1 - the dye cup number
80 - disc type
A4 - internal testing method and version numbers

Dashin.pdf (2.4 MB)

The stamper from a TRAXDATA CD-R i mentioned in a earlier post:
RFD80M-81043 80 SC

Hi,

cannot download cd2date-1.0.0.zip, both links don’t work anymore. Who can host it again?

Thanks a lot

Could it be that the hub code of Multi Media Masters & Machinary SA start with the last digit of the year of production and than three digits for the day of this year? I got a collection of CD-R with ATIP of Multi Media Masters & Machinary SA and the hub code is like 0160P604 14966 for a 1x-8x disc. I would assume it was made at the 160th day of 2000, P604 could be a indicator for a manufacturing machine and 14966 a counter of the day or whatever.

@DoubleLayer, Thank you for your interest in the CD2Date software. Starting from spring of this year I have been working (on and off) on a new version of CD2Date that includes critical bug fixes and several new feature enhancements. The version is scheduled for a proper release in 2019 but in the meantime I’m going to share a version compiled from the current development code (next post).

I believe that as with Taiyo Yuden, I am the first person to publicly provide the ability to decode Optodisc and MJC serials in the version I’m about to post. Thanks to @pepst for providing Daxon serial decoding.

Keep in mind that the software I’m about to release is a not a final release version and may be rough around some edges. There are certain algorithms I haven’t yet coded a fallback mechanism for and I still plan on doing certain micro-optimizations and a more optimized rewrite of the GUI.

That sounds very plausible, in relation to the first 4 digits of the serial you posted. The manufacturer is a relative obscure European one so I don’t have any of them here, I will have to need some more examples to confirm this to match the MBI-style decoding scheme. I’ve read reports that MBI themselves was manufacturing discs with their stampers, so you could also be dealing with one of those.

CD2Date v2.0 BETA Release

Release from current development code, adds decoding support for 3 new manufacturers (Optodisc Technology, MJC Pte LTD, Daxon Technology) and fixes critical bugs such as a typo that prevented CMC Magnetics 2018 serials from being decoded. Read full changelog below.

0B

CHANGELOG.TXT:

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|  cd2date - a CD/DVD serial number converter coded by aztekk   |
|                                                               |
|      License agreement provided in the LICENSE.TXT file.      |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

cd2date v2.0_BETA - [12/05/2018]
-------------------------------
* IMPROVED: Added decoding of Daxon Technology serial format.
* IMPROVED: Added decoding of MJC Pte Ltd (Singapore) serial format.
* IMPROVED: Added decoding of Optodisc Technology serial format.
* IMPROVED: 2020 update, added a control switch for the 2020 decade, this primarily applies to Ritek serials (CMC's current serial format ends in 2021).
* IMPROVED: Instructional message box illustrating the procedure to decode MBI serials for years ending with zero (2010).
* FIXED: Bug with CMC Magnetics serial decoding for year 2018.
* FIXED: Bug with MBI-style numeric codes ending with zero.
* MISC: Some GUI and icon updates.

-

cd2date v1.0.0 - [03/31/2017] 
-------------------------------
* First public release. 

DOWNLOAD HERE: cd2date_v2.0B1.zip (22.4 KB)

Multi Media Masters & Machinary SA was a technology & manufacturing process know-how supplier to many different manufacturers, which used a variety of different serial numbering systems or no serial numbers at all.
But in this particular case, you are probably right.

Hi
I have a Ricoh blank CD and unfortunately don’t know,
where to put him?
Who can give me a tip?
Greeting

Philips CD-R Q Audio
Made in USA
Manufacturer: Ricoh
97m27s66f
Hub code: AABF002801824451

@pepst

Hi