DEBATE: PS2 vs XBOX vs GAMECUBE

vbimport

I personally think PS2 is better, because:

• SONY is a very well known and trusted manufacturer of quality home electronics. In America, more people own a ps1 than any other game console.

• MICROSOFT is new at this console gaming thing, though I would say it is good for a first try (also considering the technology difference when the ps1 came out, with the technology used today for gaming consoles). The XBOX console is way too big for my liking too, along with thier controllers.

• I guess NINTENDO lost me when the N64 came out when I prefered the playstation. I also don't really like the cartridge idea at all. The GAMECUBE is still a good console, but since the controllers keep changing with every NINTENDO console, I find it hard to keep up, when I play the N64 then for a while at my friends house, then he gets a GAMECUBE, it is so different.

Any other opinions or points???...

I would go with the Xbox or maybe the GC

1. Controls for the xbox(the big one) is better for my hands took a while to get used to them.
  2. The possibility with the hardrive. This isn’t realy anything to have on till you have a mod chip so I don’t know if we need to thank Microsoft for this:bigsmile: .
  3. The video player in a modded Xbox made it so that I didnt have to build me a pc for the livingroom.

On the GC it got Mario Cart.

On games all the big ones gos to both Xbox and PS2 so it doesent matter.

Man!!! the same old console debate :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It’s all about the games…

Ps2 - Brings out about 30 games a month, most being dire with a few hidden gems…old technology…however has exclusive rights on games…online capabilites (have to pay :frowning: ) shity dvd player…shit music player…moddable…expensive…expensive games…

X-box - brings out around 15 games a month, most are average, some stunning…newest technology…however whipped by the pc…online (have to pay)… chunky but livable…better build quality…still shit to play dvds…moddable but harder…expensive…expensive games…

Gamecube - Brings out about 5-10 games a month - they are either shocking or completely and utterly stunning… midway technology… no online…cute as hell…no support at all for dvds or music…not moddable (easily)…exclusive games…however same old same old, just edone for each console version…more geared towards kids with not many real adult games…oh and look at the price now!!!

I got all three and never play my PS2. X-box games come out on pc and are way better, however x-box gets them first and it’s nice just to be able to put a game in and play (Not having to update drivers and install etc etc, (all the usual fun))

Most games, if not all EVENTUALLY make it to the pc, vastly improved from the original and are a lot cheaper to buy. Granted the initial outlay of a good pc will set you back a fair bit but it can do a lot more, i.e. Browse this lovely site (had to mention it somewhere :bow: :bow: :bow: )

My advice is: buy for the games you want to play…

Originally posted by hburrows83
Most games, if not all EVENTUALLY make it to the pc, vastly improved from the original and are a lot cheaper to buy

I dunno, i’ve seen some shitty ports in my short 13 years of life… especially those games that have a screen saying ‘Press Start to continue’. AAARGH!!

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
I dunno, i’ve seen some shitty ports in my short 13 years of life… especially those games that have a screen saying ‘Press Start to continue’. AAARGH!!

Lol yeah, well there’s always the exception i.e sega fishing games :o :Z :Z

Lol yeah, well there’s always the exception i.e sega fishing games

LOL, or those games that have the pre-mapped key for forward F12…:bigsmile:

When games come out on PC, some people will buy, while others simply can’t – even if they want to.
eg… My computer cannot handle Tom Clancy’s SPLINTER CELL, due to the latest requirements in games (:a… higher with every game!), while on a PS2, you can play it about 20 seconds after putting it into the CD drive. Hardcore gamers might buy all 3 consoles, which, though have each of thier own limits, the user does not have to spend money upgrading thier PC every few months.

Hehe…I’m 13 too:bigsmile:

I dunno, i’ve seen some shitty ports in my short 13 years of life…

hey, where abouts in Sydney do you live. I used to live there, but recently moved to Melbourne

the user does not have to spend money upgrading thier PC every few months.

True but ever more rewarding…

Have you seen splinter cell on a pc and compared the two…wow!!! completely different games :smiley: :smiley:

The best time to play games is when your 18 and you can get a full time job, earn loads of money, whilst living at home and not having to pay any bills, pretending to get ready for uni in your year out. That’s the time when you spend all your money on whatever you want, with not a care in the world… LOL those were the days :bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by theone1_
Hehe…I’m 13 too:bigsmile:

YAY!!!:smiley:

Most(some) console gamers are humble people that don’t want to fiddle with installing or updating sound card drivers, video drivers, game patches etc. so they get a console : all they have to do is put the disc in and play. So that’s the best choice for them.

The best time to play games is when your 18 and you can get a full time job, earn loads of money, whilst living at home and not having to pay any bills, pretending to get ready for uni in your year out. That’s the time when you spend all your money on whatever you want, with not a care in the world… LOL those were the days

I’m thankful for my youth and years of gaming ahead of me:bigsmile:

all they have to do is put the disc in and play. So that’s the best choice for them.

My point exactly…

My advice is: buy for the games you want to play…

I’m thankful for my youth and years of gaming ahead of me

Enjoy them, cos once they pass your on a slippery slope to women… And then you’ll understand “emotional gunpoint”

/edit/

Man i sound like an old fogey. i better go put my slippers on and have a power nap before lunch :eek: :eek:

/*edit/

Originally posted by theone1_

hey, where abouts in Sydney do you live. I used to live there, but recently moved to Melbourne

South Eastern Suburbs.:smiley:

By the time i’ve posted this there will already be 2 more replies… STOP BEING SO FAST!!!:bigsmile:

There will never be a console better than the NES! Track & Field is the greatest game ever!

I don’t like the Xbox controls but its more comfortable than Sonys. I forget which button is X and square and pyramid leaving me occassionally defenseless in DOA2. Xbox buttons tells you which one is which instantly while on the PS2 you have to look closely to see the small markings on the black buttons. I think the smaller xbox controllers would fit my smaller hands better.

Originally posted by Airhead
There will never be a console better than the NES!

Duckhunt and mario combined :bow: :bow: finest cartridge ever produced :smiley: :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Man i sound like an old fogey. i better go put my slippers on and have a nap before lunch :eek: :eek:

Do you need a hand getting up?:wink:

Do you need a hand getting up?:wink:

That’s what the wife is for :wink: :wink: :wink:

Wow three new posts while I was editing my above reply…

yea stop postin so fast…rofl. power nap…hehe good one.

NES…ah yes, my dad had one. I remember playing certain games on it…they were
Track and Field…(hop skip and a jump…hehe)
Addams family (kept slippin on soap)
a wrestling game
a ninja game
MOTOCROSS MADNESS…(kool as!)
and the best of all;
DOUBLE DRAGON