Dear Francksoy: Question Regarding the CMC MAG E01 vs. DW1650 Problem

vbimport

Hey Franck (and the others reading this):

Did you (or anyone else reading this) ever get the chance to find out whether the problem with WOPC working in a non-standard way with CMC MAG E01 also applies to firmware version BCFC of the BenQ DW1650? You were pretty clear about it affecting BCHC and BCIC, and about it not affecting BCDC, but BCFC seems to have been left in limbo. Because the firmware wasn’t as widely released, it seems that fewer folks bothered to test it and play with it, to see if it was a happy medium between BCDC and BCIC.

Also, one other question. I noticed in reading about and experimenting with SolidBurn that it can act kind of quirky if you don’t clear your EEPROM when switching between it’s various modes of operation. When you discovered the bug with WOPC and later firmwares, did you always clear your EEPROM after turning SolidBurn off for known media such as CMC MAG E01? In other words, did you not just turn off SolidBurn, but leave the entries it had created intact, but did you turn it off, and then do a clear, before your WOPC tests?

Thanks. :flower:

I’m interested as well as I have quite a few CMC MAG E01 left…did you try to send a PM?

The BenQ DW1655 with BCGB firmware (released at the same time as BCFC for the DW1650) has non-standard WOPC when burning CMC MAG E01.

Here are BCDB and BCGB compared (see the write graphs in the scans):

BCDB shows normal WOPC behaviour:

BCGB shows no apparent WOPC during the first part of the burn.
It does produce an excellent burn, however:

Both discs are from the same 50pc cakebox and burned/scanned on the same drive (with different firmwares).

I’d choose the BCGB result any day, even though it uses non-standard WOPC.

[QUOTE=natureboy;2053559]I’m interested as well as I have quite a few CMC MAG E01 left…did you try to send a PM?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, his mailbox was full, hence, the forum post. :doh:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2053564]I’d choose the BCGB result any day, even though it uses non-standard WOPC.[/QUOTE]

Wait, on your scans, you indicate that SolidBurn is turned on in each case. The bug was specific only to when SolidBurn was off for known media. Did you post the wrong scans? This goes back to my very specific inquiry, did anyone try it with SB=OFF, and after clearing learned media?

Here’s my findings:

DW1650 with BCDC fw, SB+OS+WOPC on

Flashed to new BCFC fw, first burn, all off

Second burn with BCFC, SB+OS off, WOPC on

Third burn with BCFC, SB+WOPC on, OS off

Fourth burn with BCFC, SB+OS+WOPC on