Deal Or No Deal DVD Game

I bought the above game and would like to back it up to protect the disk
i have tried a few progams clone cd and dvd, dvd decrypter but they all failed

anyone got any help on this

cheers for any info

What copy protection does it use? Scan with A-Ray scanner, Protection ID or Copy-Discovery 2000 and let us know.

a-rAY : [12:42:17 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [0.02s] —

Protection ID : Scanning -> H:\FNBML9JW.EXE
File Type : Exe, Size : 49152 (0C000h) Bytes
[!] File appears to have no protection or is using an unknown protection

Copy-Discovery 2000 : No Copy Protection

DVD Fab Decrypter decrypts 1.2Gig, DVD Decrypter crashes with an error.

I installed AnyDVD and it now decrypts OK.

Wh00sh.

You scanned the install directory or the DVD using the scanners in your post? If not scan your install folder again and post your result.

you mean I need to install the DVD? I just ran the detection on the dvd, not my hard drive. I`m confused.

run it against the dvd-rom drive on your PC, probably your “D” drive

You don’t need to install the game as its designed to be played on a standalone dvd player. I have backed up the game and i would say the easiest way is to decrypt using Anydvd and burn an exact copy with CloneCD.
For anyone who is interested:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.0.8.8)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2087312 sectors (4076 MBytes)
Total size: 4148118 sectors (8101 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DEAL_OR_NO_DEAL
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 9 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Also i would say burn an exact copy using duel layer discs, i tried to encode it to fit onto a dvd5 but because the majority of the game is menus, i found that it did not work correctly and failed when selecting boxes.

It’s a game or a movie, I’m a bit confused now :confused:

Its an interactive dvd, so its like a game where you select boxes and then it plays a video. So its a mixture of game and Tv show.

i`ve done it to a D/L disc and it works fine now.

hi i am having no luck at all with copying my interactive dvd , how did you manage to do it ?
do you need to rip the dvd with anydvd to harddrive then use clone cd ?
please help cheers dave

The way i backed-up the particular game was to use anydvd to remove the copy protection and copy the disc with Clonecd. I have discovered that you can copy the disc with CloneDVD and re-encode the video, i previously thought this was not possible. I can confirm that this copies with AnyDVD 6.0.9.5, CloneCD 5.2.9.1 and CloneDVD 2.9.0.1. I do not advise that you try to reauthor the dvd however, because its a menu based game it make may make certain parts of the game fail.

i havnt used anydvd befor , do i just open it up and select the drive what the dvd’s in ? do i need to do certain settings ?also i have empire movie quiz what i am having trouble with i have tried many things but it just wont copy i have got dual layed disc’s, cheers dave.

I too had the same trouble backing it up, until I used the below method. I used AnyDVD 6095 to remove the protection,

1:First thing I did was to right click on the AnyDVD icon that is next to the time on the bottom right of the screen, this brings a menu up select from this menu, [B]‘RIP VIDEO-DVD TO HARD DISK’[/B]

2: Select the source directory (This will be the drive that you have the Deal Or No Deal dvd disk in) then select the destination where you want it to rip it to, then click on copy dvd.

After it has finished ripping it to hard disk, I then used CloneDVD 2903 to burn it to disk. [U][B]YOU MUST USE A DUAL LAYERED DISK ELSE IT WILL NOT WORK[/B][/U], if you put it on to a 4.7GB disk it will get to the point in the game where you select the box you want to open and then the screen will go blank and nothing else happens. I can confirm that the game will work if you do/use what I have and use a DUAL LAYER DISK.

Ive managed to get the files to the harddrive and burnt them to a dual layered DVD but when i play the disc i get as far as just before you go to the screen where you choose a box and it stops … anyone any ideas what this could be ? ive burnt 3 discs different ways and it happens at the same place on all of them … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What program did you use to burn the files from the hard disk to the dual layer disk. If you have the programs I mentioned above and do it the exact same way as I did then it should play ok.

This is great bit of advice Fatboy spent ages backing up this dvd, found that Any dvd 6.1 is no good for the protection on this or any other Rip gaurd game u must use 6.0.9.5
next step is to try and get it on a dvd5 from dvd9 was thinking you could just shrink the main vobs down then remux

Anyway Happy New Year
Mte

I have heard and also I have found out in my experiance that game dvd’s like deal or no deal or similar do not like been converted onto a 4.7gb disk, they generally need to be put onto a dual layer disc to work properly. I did try Anydvd 6100 and the same back up method that I listed earlier to backup deal or no deal again and it worked fine. In my experiance with Anydvd, if an earlier version of anydvd worked then later versions work as well.

I have downloaded and installed both apps(anydvd and clonedvd) but no mater what i do i still only get just over 3mb copied in to the directory wether its via anydvd or clone or dvd dycrypt or anything, what the hell am i doing wrong here

sorry not 3mb 336mb, which is not even a dvdr