Dead Drive, Need raw bin...i think?

vbimport

ok after reading around, cant seem to find a solution for my problem. problems is that i have next too new sony dru-190a drive here that was flashed by mtkflash on accident. so of course the drive is dead. can not find a raw bin to flash back to the drive since it is no recognized by anything. anyone have any solution?..THNX!

If mtkflash fails its stone dead.

Hi,

if I remember correctly, this drive is a rebadged Liteon DH-20A3. Firmwares (I am not sure in which format they are) can be found here: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

In case these firmwares are not plain binary, you might ask in the Liteon Burner forum.

Also, it is worth to have a look at XSF (as replacement for mtkflash), which is also available at codeguys website.

Michael

You have to force the drive into safe mode:

• power off your PC
  • press the drives eject button and keep it pressed
  • power on your PC
  • wait 10 seconds
  • release the eject button
    Check if XSF (you need to boot plain DOS to use XSF) finds the drive and can read the current bad firmware.
    If this works, ask for a .bin file again.

THNX MUCH for all help!!!..i got it, even cross-flashed to a dh-20a3. WORKS great!

Nice!!

[QUOTE=DON//\EGA;2035372]THNX MUCH for all help!!!..i got it, even cross-flashed to a dh-20a3. WORKS great![/QUOTE]
It would help if you tell us what you did to recover the drive.