Dead 48246s, now which to buy?

It looks like i just killed my ltr-48246s, I put the modded epprom for my 411s into the wrong drive ( I was zebra modding my 411s, very stupid me) and by what I have read, unless I had backed up my 48246s epprom the drive is now dead, so be it. :sad:

My question now is do I buy a combo cd burner - dvd player or just another cd burner? What I have read the SOHC-5232K combo drive will do everything the SOHR-5238S will do it just takes a little longer to access the discs and you get the bonus of faster dvd ripping speeds am I correct in my assumptions? The price difference is about $30 AUS so I’m not to fussed about that.

I don’t want to buy another dvd burner just yet, I am happy with my 411s@811s, yes the modd did work when I sent the epprom to the right drive, which I had backed up.

Just thought of something, is either of these drives better at backing up protected games cd’s than the other, my now dead 48246s was great at doing this???

I got the 48x combo, and I just love it to death. :slight_smile: I’m sure that the 52x combo will be a good choice.

Yes, all Liteys have the same good performance when it comes to game backups.

Originally posted by code65536
[B]I got the 48x combo, and I just love it to death. :slight_smile: I’m sure that the 52x combo will be a good choice.

Yes, all Liteys have the same good performance when it comes to game backups. [/B]

code65536,
Thanks for the quick reply I was leaning towards the combo but I just wanted to make sure.

I won’t be getting it until the weekend so if anyone else has a comment to make about these drives please do so.

thank you all in advance.

Originally posted by code65536
Yes, all Liteys have the same good performance when it comes to game backups.

Not entirely true. My 40125S can backup games thay my 411S cannot (BF1942 Safedisc 2).

Irregardless I would get the combo drive as well.

Originally posted by Ssseth
Not entirely true. My 40125S can backup games thay my 411S cannot (BF1942 Safedisc 2).

BF1942 has a little bit of SecuRom in it… You need to have CloneCD’s Tray Icon running and ‘Hide CDR media’ selected…

I mean it couldn’t copy the dummy blocks properly.

My 811S was able to with no problem… Good thing you have a CDburner lying around…

Thanks all, purchased the SOHC - 5232K combo, (I was going past the local PC store) burnt 2 cd’s and ripped 1 DVD so far so good, I am am impressed.

Thanks again

Anyone need a ltr-48246S for spares, Has 1 slightly stuffed epprom.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: