Ddump

Any use ddump?
I’d like your thoughts on it. I think it might be useful if someone sets up a site to share the errorenous sector log files generated by this useful little util. This will mean that we could rip a safedisk game in about 10 minutes!

Originally posted by barroney
Any use ddump?
I’d like your thoughts on it. I think it might be useful if someone sets up a site to share the errorenous sector log files generated by this useful little util. This will mean that we could rip a safedisk game in about 10 minutes!

I do use discdump but sharing log files isn’t recommended by the author. However, if you have a pre-existing log file of a previously dumped cd, it will take only a few seconds longer to re-dump an image than it would for an unprotected cd (usually about 2 1/2 to 3 min with most modern readers).

Use Daemon-tools http://www.daemon-tools.com FASTDUMP method (un conjonction with DDUMP or any ripping software) if you want a good and very quick safedisc 1 or 2 image .

Its weird for me, my Liteon LTR-48125W doesn’t support Fast Sector Skip with Discdump, and ITS A LITEON. Doesn’t seem right, but it still gets the job done.

Fast sector skip was still a little buggy in the last version of discdump released. What’s more, since the last version was released well over a year ago, you should probably be grateful that it still works with the most recently released reader/writers. Plenty of other software released that long ago won’t.

Its weird for me, my Liteon LTR-48125W doesn’t support Fast Sector Skip with Discdump

No I suggested to use Daemon Fastdump :

-1- Start Daemon with emulation safedisc enabled
-2- Start your original safedisc 2 and exit the game
-3- Create the image with ANY good 1:1 software (so it should work with DDUMP .

The first 2 to 3% will be read in a few seconds only
Daemon Fastdump