DDump + Fireburner <> CloneCD

according to the Forum,
DDump + Fireburner can backup SD2.8
while CloneCD can’t.
and some mention Fireburner burns a faster reading backup.

Then… does that mean the best combo for me NOW is
DD + FB for any SD Protection?

Regards,

Yes, or you can use Alcohol 120% for it.

Originally posted by Fr4nz
Yes, or you can use Alcohol 120% for it.

No you can’t. The current official release of alcohol 120% can’t duplicate sd 2.8x protected cds though, no doubt, it’s developers are working on it and it will be capable of doing so soon.

I’ll wait for CloneCD’s next update. I dont have any Safedisc 2.8 protected games right now anyway.

Update: The most recent releases of alcohol can copy safedisc 2.8x protected cds successfully with a suitable writer (e.g any 24x or above Lite-on and the 16x and any 32x or above Asus).

Originally posted by philamber
Update: The most recent releases of alcohol can copy safedisc 2.8x protected cds successfully with a suitable writer (e.g any 24x or above Lite-on and the 16x and any 32x or above Asus).

Philamber,
Greetings, with use of your DDump/FireBurner procedure, I managed to backup Need For Speed High Pursuit 2. Tried CloneCd before reading any info on it. CloneCd is defianely not capable at this moment. I used a LiteOn LTD-163 to read and a LiteOn 24102B to write. Same combo with the DDump/FireBurner tag team and success. Thanks to you and everyone at this forum for the great information here. Another happy Customer.

Poon