Ddr

vbimport

hi, i have asrock 4 core dual vesta motherboard. pt880 using intelpintium 4.3., on my motherboard i have two blue slots and two yellow slots where ddr goes, what i want to know if i can use one ddr2 at 1 gig in one yellow slot and 512 mb in other yellow slot, also i want to know if i can use both the yellow and blue slots using two 512mb in yellow slots and two 512mb in blue slots?

[QUOTE=sal289r;2480539]hi, i have asrock 4 core dual vesta motherboard. pt880 using intelpintium 4.3., on my motherboard i have two blue slots and two yellow slots where ddr goes, what i want to know if i can use one ddr2 at 1 gig in one yellow slot and 512 mb in other yellow slot, also i want to know if i can use both the yellow and blue slots using two 512mb in yellow slots and two 512mb in blue slots?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you cannot mix DDR1 and DDR2 memory in the same system. Your system will not even POST if you do mix the two (or if it does POST, then you will likely damage your system). You can use either the blue slots only or the yellow slots only–but do not put memory into a blue slot and a yellow slot simultaneously. DDR2 and DDR1 memory are not compatible with one another in the same memory controller.

sal29r, welcome to club CDfreaks :slight_smile:

So as RJL was saying, you would have to remove the old stick of ram and not use it at all, then insert the new stick of DDR2. I would suggest to get this Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800. When installing the memory it would be a good idea to clear the CMOS on your MB, there should be instructions in your manual. Make sure you unplug the power plug before doing the install and clearing the CMOS.

can i use 2gb 2x2 1gb pc2 6300 6400 ddr2 800mhz 240 pin 2 gb g hs on asrock 4 core dual vesta intel pintium 4.3, chipset northbridge pt880, graphic card 7300 gs[B]
[/B]

sal289r, since your question is still on this topic, there’s no need to start another thread :wink:

So your saying you want to use two seperate sticks of 1GB DDR2? that should work as long as you don’t put any DDR1 in the MB simultaneously.

yes,and is the ddr2 mentioned work on my computer

It should work as long as you clear the CMOS and unplug the power when installing.

You might also want to make sure you have the latest BIOS installed on your MB, it might make the memory more compatible.