DD0401 DVD+-R/RW media problem

Hello,

I recently bought a I/O Magic DVD±RW/R drive which I believe is a repackaged Optorite DD0401.

The drive refuses to recognize Sony DVD-R’s but burns Memorex DVD+R’s fine. I also noticed on the front of the drive, it says “DVD+ReWritable” and doesn’t say anything about DVD-R compatibility.

I’m afraid that my drive is only compatible with DVD+R/RW discs although the box and Nero InfoTools says it is dual format.

I appreciate any insight into my situation.

-penipol

Are you able to give us the drive name reported by nero info tool as well as the firmware version?

Nero InfoTool says the drive is Generic, but I checked the top on the drive and there is a label that reads DD0401. The drive came with firmware version 120E but I updated it to 130i.

You may wish to try other DVD-R media as it should work with DVD-R/RW media as well. Maybe it do not support sony media?

Thanks for your help.
I tried Maxell DVD-R’s and it works fine with them.
The Maxell DVD-R packaging says “made in Japan” on it. Is this a good brand, or is it a cheap? Using Nero InfoTool I couldn’t get the manufacturer name of the DVD-R’s.

Maxell that is made in Japan is GREAT, one of the best media types you could get.

If the price is ok, definitively pick up more of these :wink: