Dd 2.0 To Dts 5.1

Hello, I wish to convert some of my DVDs that have DD 2.0 sound to DTS 5.1… is this possible???. really worth??. Maybe there were some posts about it before but I didn’t find them in this Forum. Thanks again!

CP

Not worth.

Just use search.

Use the ‘Pseudo Surround’ button on your DVD player or Receiver. Otherwise a lot of work for little gain.

The debate on Dolby Digital and DTS will still go on.

My preference is DTS, To me it sounds better and I have the home theater system to support it. So why not.

If you are looking for something really simple then the task you seek is not for you. If you have patience and a willingness to learn then I can point you in the right direction.

You can start by reading this 32 page pdf about DvD authoring with DTS.( In General ) It goes into the aspects of DTS as well.

http://www.dtsonline.com/media/uploads/pdfs/DVD_Authoring.pdf

:cool::cool:

I know nothing about the converting process but i’m a DTS kind of a guy. The sound to me is so much fuller.

Is it possible for improving the sound quality like converting an MP3 to a Dolby or DTS sound file.

[QUOTE=pradeep_rad;1951824]Is it possible for improving the sound quality like converting an MP3 to a Dolby or DTS sound file.[/QUOTE]

Nope, converting means degrading.