DC++ help please

vbimport

Hello,

I have just discovered DC++ :):), i am getting some fab speeds!!!

But i have noticed there is no upload speed limiter, of course i upload my fair share but i dont want it eating my download speed so i set it at 80% of my upload caperbility, but there is no option to limit :S

Im am i long time emule and azureus user, this prgram looks alot different so bear with me.

Is there a good guide anywhere???

Could someone tell me where it shows the partial downloads??? and how many upload slots i should set? ( ihave a 2048/256 connection)

Many Thanks

Right got the hang of this thing…

Still dont know how 2 limit upload if u need 2…
How do you disconnect off hubs without qutting DC++?
Is there anyway to find out the ETA of the download finishing??

Thanks

How do you disconnect off hubs without qutting DC++?

right click on the hub’s name tab at the bottom

Still dont know how 2 limit upload if u need 2

if you get caught doing this you will be kicked/banned from the hub

Is there anyway to find out the ETA of the download finishing

it’s hard because of ppl you d/l from come and go in a hub. You might get over
100 kbps from one person and maybe only 1-2 kbps from somebody else. However their are ways around this without getting caught from the hub’s sys-op :slight_smile:

Forget DC++. Get Revconnect. Its the same thing as DC++ but enables multiple sources download of same files. www.revconnect.com

Ok cheers, i didnt know about the upload thing, that is very different from other p2p’s

Is there a reconnect option? If i leave it overnight and i lose connection to a hub, is there an option which will automatically reconnect to that hub?

Thanks

Yeah, that is what i have :confused:
It says revconnect in my start>all programs list, but when i go on it it says it is “DC++ 0.674” ???

Is that correct???

"It says revconnect in my start>all programs list, but when i go on it it says it is “DC++ 0.674” ???

Is that correct???"

yes. you’re learning and revconnect is the better to use. :slight_smile:

ok i am the { PIMP } of rev just ask anyone here :wink: ok the thing about rev is that you download at great speed’s but you got to upload the same :iagree:
is someone get’s are file at 100KBs then they share the file at that speed again then this program well be what it is. “the best p 2 p” but if you must limit the download speed like i do {some time’s } then used the limiter in it
it does not let you slow your download’s to the point of 1KBs but it does slow the upload speed :iagree: just go to { file,setting,advanced } in there you will find it :iagree:

oops sorry here you go

Thanks,

Well, i think that revconnect is v. good for games/movies/single tracks, i get top speeds on those… the only problem i have is downloading albums, not many people share zipped albums they only share directories, and if i download thier directory, only they have it so it takes along time for me to download it…

Other than that, great program!!!

When you search for an album sort the results out by clicking on the ‘user’ button. This will show the most users at the top. Download from those users and you will get multiple files downloads instead of just one person

I’ve heard quite a bit about DC++, so i gave it a try. Well, after 2 weeks of use I was able to dl only one complete file while i ul’d numerous movies, games, etc… I tried everything I know(which is very little) to get better speeds but to no avail. anyone can help?

Yeah, but people dont seem to share albums, usually when i search for albums i only get people’s directories and no shared album RAR files or shared directories (if there is a thing)

Thanks

Hi,
I have just got Rev connect and I have set everyting up, but when i go onto my public hubs I click on the one I want, and it says the connection reset by server… i do not know what to do!! Please can somebody help ASAP please! :sad: