Day After Thanksgiving Goodness

Remember to pick up those special Thursday edition Thanksgiving papers and be prepared for an early start on Friday (Yes…fight the crowds) on the most insane shopping day of the year.
This applies to the USA crowd of course…you can find killer deals if you are amongst the 1st people in the store…Buy stuff, rebate makes product next to nothing/free in many cases. Unfortunately I am in Korea and can’t take advantage of these limited 4 hour sales events… but I remember one year I bought like 10 modems for free …network cards and CD ROMS as well…cuts down on the cost of building computers (of course I charged for them when I sold the computer…hehe…)

Good stores with good deals will be your typicals Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Max…etc… Maybe get a sister/mother/father to go to one or the same one as you do so you can get multiple items.

It’s worth going…Aint’ no joke.

Thanks for the tips.

I’m Canadian and have never experienced the American holiday specials. But I’ll be in line this year! I’ll be in the Lakeland, FL area over the holiday.

Do places like Best Buy have specials on music cd’s too or is it just the advertised specials in the flyer?

is it really worth it?
is it really worth standing in the lines for hours and hours?
if you work at minimum wage, i don’t see why not.
but if you are an attorney who makes 50 dollars an hour,
don’t waste your precious time standing in the lines.
hehehe.

Originally posted by dignitas
is it really worth it?
is it really worth standing in the lines for hours and hours?
if you work at minimum wage, i don’t see why not.
but if you are an attorney who makes 50 dollars an hour,
don’t waste your precious time standing in the lines.
hehehe.

Some of us have college bills to pay off and not everyone is a blood sucking lawyer. You forget that the biggest group of bargain shoppers are from the middle class.

Those deals ARE good…Some years, they are better than others. Don’t know what they’ll be like this year, but I know for sure I’ll be missing out. The problem is…Getting into Best Buy when it opens and facing the lines then is no big deal if you know what you are doing and where you are going. BUT: If you are 1 hour late, you are flat out screwed. All the stuff will be gone and the lines will be to the back of the building. and this includes fist fights, guns, the whole works…

They got flyers on www.bestbuy.com to let you know whats on sale, but I don’t even want to look because I know I’ll miss out on some cheap stuff…