Dawn raids target software pirates - No wonder they're busted

I just posted the article Dawn raids target software pirates - No wonder they’re busted.

By reading this story I got the idea that this whas a professional Organization out for own profits so like I always say; “don’t do the crime if you cant do the time”.

Police and Trading…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4749-Dawn-raids-target-software-pirates---No-wonder-theyre-busted.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4749-Dawn-raids-target-software-pirates---No-wonder-theyre-busted.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“He’s nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous, perverted worm! Hanging’s too good for him. Burning’s too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and BURIED ALIVE!” :frowning:

This is about cracking down on copying and selling, so I’m not worried. It does though bother me that they could face up to 10 years in prison. That is way too extreme of a punishment. If caught for copying and selling they should have a short prison sentence(1 day to a week) and have to pay their income to the software companies. This is only what I feel for people who copy and sell. For people who non profit copy, they don’t deserve any kind of punishment.

Let’s face it, we live in a society that copy from each other. Our ideas, our way of thinking, even how we act we mimmick or copy. So “WE” are all GUILTY to some extent. :wink: Ie. so it’s alright to “copy” how someone dress but its not ok to copy how someone thinks. Hmmmmm… wtf. If we didn’t copy in the first place stuff would never improve nor those greedy little RIAA or whatever org. would have a job. Face it it’s a functionalism @ it’s best. :4

UofM3000, if these guys had been giving away thousands of copies of software, they still would have been busted. Just becuase its free doesn’t make it right.

Hi spacegrass Er - how do you tear someone into pieces and then bury them alive? :4 Agree that the guy is a shit though. :frowning:

i have to agree that i think the prison sentance is way to strong, i can’t help wondering how someone can break into someone’s house, cut there self on a knife, and sue the owner of the house, nor can i believe how someone can rape a person in the world and again only get 7-11 years, and comes out in 4-5 for good behavier, these are only examples but thay are true, i just personlly think it’s discusting how piracy rakes in a heavier punishment then other crimes what i would consider to be barbaric, compared to petty piracy, i feel sory for both party’s, yes, it’s illegal to pirate i accept that, but the balance of the punishment is completely all over the show, after all i could go out and kill someone and get 15 years, i’m out in 7, now if i copy and sell, i could face up to 10, i’m out in 5, now does that math sound fair/right to you?

If you gave a cd with no name no label too a person on the street and then walked away without any money changing hands. They can do Jack **** about that :wink: Greets too all The Diplomat:8