Dawn Of War Failures

Hey,

I have made two attempts at making a working back-up for the first cd of dawn of war. Both Times i used blindwrite v5.2.2.136, using a .bwa file from www.portmac.com. I burned at 4x on my lite on LTR-52327S using twinpeaks, and both cd’s i used said please insert the original, not a backup. Coudl you please tell em the best way to either emulate it with a program (ie. Daemon tools, Alcohol, etc) or suggest another method of making a backup.

Cheers

Hi Skena,

Alcohol 52%/120% has 2 emulation options that relate to SecuROM. The Hide Media Type and the SecuROM sub channel emulation. These might help, make sure they are both checked.

or suggest another method of making a backup.
I can Guarantee Alcohol can do it, but only with RMPS emulation so it wont be 1:1. Simply select Securom 4x/5x datatype, 1x DPM read, and create your image. Then when burning to disc make sure ‘burn RMPS to recordable media’ is ticked then burn. Before playing the game go to Alcohol emulations and tick RMPS emulation as well as ignore media type and sub channel emulation.

I suceeded, but i did not use RMPS at all. I got the .wa file from www.makeabackup.com, and using blacklists twinpeak, i patched a cloncd file that i made with Alcohol 120%. I used hide media, and sub channel. I burnt the image at 4x. I also used securom new, not securom 4x, 5x

Yeah, I recently had to reformat my computer, due to an all to trusting sister, and as such, i had to re-install everything, and forgot to check the secROM sub cahnnel option. And i burnt the disk with the unpatched image file.

And RMPS if making an image with DPM;)

alright i have dow and i would really apreciate it if you would help me with what you did. like possiblay links for download(that backlist twinpeaks thingy) and some instructions on what to do? like quick breif instructions (but step by step) please this would be such a help cause i would really like to make a backup cd! my DoW cd is kinda scratched and im worring how much more punishment it can withstand :sad:

This is probably what you’re looking for http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=78260

ok i tried making a copy and a few things happened. 1) when i tried to burn the cd i put rectify sub channel and enable buffer underdone. i have the clone that i patched with the file from this site and when i patched it i made twin sector setup to 15 and max image size to 710. now when i tried to burn it before it said i could burn it said this image does not match to lead-out recored in TOC! ok now there were three options i scould do, 1)keep toc as on source cd 2)modify lead out to theat of image 3)keep toc as on source cd. i chose number 1. but when i try to load the program it says time out trying to authenticate. any suggestions? possibly i shoud run the 120 emulator? any help is much abliged btw i burned it the same way the guy said he got it to work.

oh yeah and it also says that autoplay.exe fails and asks me if i wanna send a error report.

please help is you have any idea on how i might be able to play this game! i mean i have the cd but i really need to make a backup cause my cd is gettifg messed up :sad:

@ Cheezums, Hi there. I hate to quote myself but forget bwa files, twinpeak, and every other touchy method. Believe it or not these copys are not always 1:1 anyway, some drives are very picky when it comes to twin peak method.

Use Alcohol, and do it this way:

Select Securom 4x/5x datatype, 1x DPM read, and create your image. Then when burning to disc make sure ‘burn RMPS to recordable media’ is ticked then burn. Before playing the game go to Alcohol emulations and tick RMPS emulation as well as ignore media type and sub channel emulation.
It will work, and it will save your disc:)

Hi, is there any way to convert cd to dvd for Dawn of War?

Please reply.

Deeply thanks.

Not so you can play from disc - Install only.(Legally)