Datawrite lightscribe dvd

vbimport

Hi there,

i had just been given a lightscribe burner. it’s an LG GH20LS15. i have been happily using it to burn my audio CDs and was impressed with its labelling results
now, i had also been given some Datawrite 16x DVD-R 4.7gb discs but was sad to find out that Nero8 and Droppix did not recognize and lightscribe media after flipping the disc, obviously.

i have no other dvd programs installed and even uninstalled Droppix, fearing it might interfere with nero.

i have dowloaded the latest LLS from the lightscribe website.

so, does anyone know if Datawrite is supported by lightscribe? they do have the icon on the box and on the dvd

any help would be appreciated

Do those Datawrite DVD-Rs look the same as your CD-Rs that work with Lightscribe?

Thanx for the quick reply, Womi.
yes, they look pretty much the same. they also have the lightscribe logo around the ring and also the lightscribe label on the outer packaging of the cakebox.
i ran the diagnostic tool and it found no conflicts but also no media. like i said, i did make sure to flip the disc over and have it in clean condition. i tried random discs within the stack to no avail.
any idea on how long it takes for new updates to become available, seeing that the latest one is only 2 weeks old.

Could you read out the MID of the datawrite dvd-r’s ? (On the recordable side that is. Not the lightscribe side. )
So we know the manufacturer/stamper. That might give us some more information.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2181019]Could you read out the MID of the datawrite dvd-r’s ? (On the recordable side that is. Not the lightscribe side. )
So we know the manufacturer/stamper. That might give us some more information.[/QUOTE]

I expect a B-grade MBI or (in better case) CMC medium.

sorry to sound a bit thick on this one. Whats the MID and how do i read it?

sorry for being a bit dmb on this one. worked out the MID code now.
it’s CMC MAG. AM3

DVDIdentifier or Nero CD/DVD Speed using the Disc Info tab. Either will work. Both are free.

MID is manufacturer id code.

Edit: 30 seconds too late…glad you found it though.

MID = Manufacturer IDentification Code.

3 options for getting the information.

–option A—
1 Download DVD identifier.
2 Put disc in drive (recordable side down.)
3 Run DVD identifier.
4 select drive.
5 It will give you the MID and recognise the manufacturer of the media.

• option B–
    Use cd-dvd speed. Should be installed with Nero 8
  1. Put disc in.
    2 Start up cd-dvd speed.
    3 select drive.
    4 click tap Disc info and you get the information.

–option C—
It might be possible to get the option from Nero 8 itself, but I don’t know how because I don’t use Nero 8.

[QUOTE=Strid3r64;2181042]sorry for being a bit dmb on this one. worked out the MID code now.
it’s CMC MAG. AM3[/QUOTE]

:flower: No problem.

So it’s cmc. That’s strange because CMC’s formulation should be supported.

MBI is unlikely incase of E-net.

so, if all that should be ok, having the right format media and all,. is there anything else i should know about, such as different settings for lightscribing DVDs or any other addon i might need to install? any reason why it detects CD media but not DVD? or is there anyone out there that tried Datawrite before?

dont know if i mentioned already, but i’m kinda new to this thing

any suggestions welcome
thanx