Datatype Drop-down List

vbimport

I am new to games cause I’m a grandmother…Bought Halo CD over the weekend for my grandson and tried to make an image to mount on a virtual drive so he can play on a Lan with his brother. Kept getting errors over and over again and it went real slow. Read already in the forum to use safedisc but believe it or not I don’t have datatype drop-down llist when I open Alcohol’s Image Making Wizard. I have ‘‘Separate Image File every…4GB’’ and under that is ‘‘Skip reading errors’’ and that’s it :sad: . When I look at the help, I see the Datatype but it’s not there when I start it…

Any help would be appreciated…

Hi Gaboux. You must have the DVD version I’m assuming? Read errors are a normal part of the safedisc protection, just allow it to read through them all, takes time, but once its through the image will dump much faster. As far as options with DVD you have none to change. Alcohol cannot burn to DVD as yet, but can make an image of a safedisc protected DVD for play via a Virtual Drive. Dont select separate image file option or skip read errors option. In short, insert the disc, hit image making wizard, and continue on til it begins making the image. Now mount the image and play:)

I bought the cd, not the dvd. Then I should have had the patience to let it read through but it seemed so slow and I kept getting these read errors over and over again. But I can put up with it easily if I know the outcome will be favorable!
But what about the datatype Drop-Down List that isn’t there? I have version 1.9.2 (Build 1705) which I think is the latest version? I should see it shouldn’t I? Or is it in the options that I have to change something?
Thanks for your quick response…it helps a lot

I have ‘‘Separate Image File every…4GB’’ and under that is ‘‘Skip reading errors’’ and that’s it . When I look at the help, I see the Datatype but it’s not there when I start it…
The only reason these options come up, and you cannot select a datatype is because it is a DVD PC game. When you make the image, on the first image making wizard screen, look at the first line below ‘CD/DVD Device’ and ‘Read Speed’. The next line says: ‘Disc Type’ which will either be CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. I believe you’ll find it will say: DVD-ROM. But anyways Patience will be your friend and I’m sure you’ll have a favourable outcome:)