Data veriffication faled

hey im a noob (i know i hate noob’s 2) but n e way i need help

when ever i try to burn on to a dvd i get data verrification faled and i cant read the discs so right now its producing nice coasters
so far ive only been able 2 burn on 1 disc and thats the disc it came with (whitch is totaly blanc so i cant get the same 1)

right now 4 the sepcs:
drive:- Lite-on LDW-811S DVD}RW/DVD}R Drive
Bus Type = SCSI bus
Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD+RW
Driver = SPTI
running on WinXP SP1 5.01 ,
pentium 4
aspi stuff 4.60(1021)
its running on slave on an ATA/133 host adaptor as i ran out of slots to attach it with

im using nero 6.3.1.6 to burn on the discs and i have tryed the program that came with it no luck either thats got the latest aspi thig aswel all working fine or so it says

:bow: help fixing this problem would be verry much thanked :bow: oh and if n e one can tell me what CLV stands for/means would be good

What kind of media are you using? It could be that you are using cheap media… You can download DVDinfoPro and find out the media code and paste it here, and all relevant information regarding the media and we might be able to give you a better idea of what is going on.

CLV is Constant Linear Velocity… It basically means that it will start burning at a speed and not increase or decrease… it will go in a straight line…

ok well here
Media Information
Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID MCC A01
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 405405696
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type DVD+RW
Media Type DVD+RW
Media Id Code Speed 2.4x 3324KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
BG Format Status Not Formatted
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

ok not formatted dunno how 2 do that

only dvd that duz work
Media code/Manufacturer ID RICOHJPNW11

The disk that did work was an +RW richo disk…

By the looks of it you are using a +RW disk here as well…
It is probably under one of these brand names as well:

HP, Maxell, Mitsubishi, TDK, Verbatim DataLifePlus…

welll ummm duz that mean that theres nuffing wrong with it and its all working fine and ive just got cheep media and it wont burn? and it cant b hp as i tryed it on one of them and it no work either but just read it and thats what ur saying right

The Media code you provided MCC A01 is consistent with those brands I listed… Basically what i mean, is that the brands I listed can have that media code… Which means if those aren’t properly working with your burner you may want to stay away from…

Here are soem brands that have the media code (RICOHJPNW11) of the first disk you tried that worked:

RiData, RICOH, Philips, PrimeDisk, Memorex, Fuji, Imation, Datasafe…

Some of those may work for you… I am sure someone with a little more knowledge will be along shortly.

thanx man uve been realy good help i dont meet that many nice ppl in forum’s mayby theres good in this world after all

No problem at all… Glad I could be of help to you… You should find many nice people who are willing to help out while on this forum:)