Data Privacy -Burning to a burnt CD-R

i’m curious, since a CD-R can be recorded once and/or many times(like in sessions or DirectCD) until the disc is full.
is it possible to simply burn erroneous data to a completely burnt cd? Like just spinning the CD and leave the laser on…

I’m not an expert, but I think that it will require a special firmware.

When you insert a disc on a burner, the first thing that the burner do is to read some informations about the support (media type, available space, etc) and the data on the support. So, if the burner see a disc already written it simply refuse to write on the disc (o do it only to add data in multisession or to close an open session).

If you want “erase” an already written disc, put it under direct sun light for a couple of hours; it should damage the disc enough to render it unreadable.

It’s “possible”, but good luck getting your burner to do it. As was previously stated, the firmware is usually programmed to prevent stuff like that.

When U say firmware, did you mean the firmware on the drive itself or a “Driver” like Aspi or Patin Couffin(the one BlindWrite uses) ?

And about thee “putting it under direct sun light for a couple of hours” -i’ve never knew that before, will try that. :bigsmile:

depends on the dye- mite take days/wks/months!!!

firmware - we are talking that on the drive of course … it’s a LOW LEVEL control behaviour that you need to change!

U can shred it/crack it/sandpaper it :stuck_out_tongue:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

It’s safer and faster than sunlight :bigsmile:

Another solution is this :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: