Data life plus 8x DVD+R

vbimport

Ive done some searchs here, and on google, but I cant find out too much info on what Verbatim DVD-R 8X Datalife Plus White Inkjet Printable could be,a s far as media codes. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Ive done some searches here, and on google, but I cant find out too much info on what Verbatim DVD-R 8X Datalife Plus White Inkjet Printable could be,a s far as media codes. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

MCC 02RG20.
Couldn’t be anything else, IIRC.

Whats the quality on those?

Excellent.

Agreed with KG on both his posts.

MCC02RG20 is a stable high quality media.

MCC003 is the +R
MCC02RG20 is the -R

Both are very good media.

• Threads merged * *

No need to create two seperate threads :wink:

I didnt realize I had, sorry.

Anyway this is on clearance at a PC here in Hamilton Ontario (that’s Canada lol) and I wanted to get an fresh opinon on it, they also have some TYG03 (SONY DVD-R 16x) as well, confirmed with the octagon foam spacer at the top, so I hope those are good too. Chime in if you think the Verbatim is better or not.

I have found the +R MCC 003 Data Life Plus to be more consistent and reliable than the “retail” branded Verbatim. Burned here at 8x on the 165P6s.

Hmm seems good. At $11 for 50 thats a good deal, then.

I’m looking at these.

http://meritline.com/verbatim-8x-dvd-plus-r-media-95052.html

Where do I find the MCC003 numbers?

Seems that MCC003 is a pretty highly rated media, I just cant find those numbers on anything…

Hi eighteez, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

MCC 003 is a media code a.k.a. MID and is not visible as such, but is a code readable by your DVD burner.

You can use e.g. Nero CD-DVD Speed to se the media code of your DVD. Insert the DVD into your DVD burner, click on the Disc Info tab, and you can see the media code:

Thanks Drage.

How do we know what dvd+rs are mcc003 coded?

I am gathering that Verbatims are one of the better blanks to get. I see them at the local Best Buy and I see that you can get em online too.

Are there certain models that have the MCC003 code?

I have been getting some freezing on playback of my burns lately and want to take the possibility of bad media out of the picture by making sure I am using good discs.

Then I can work on figuring out if its the burner, player, or software…

8x Verbatim DVD+R’s are always MCC003, unless they’re Pearl White Verbatim’s, then they’ll be made by either Ritek or CMC :slight_smile:

What about the 16x ones? Are they MCC003 too?

16x ones will be MCC004, very very good media :slight_smile:

Great info, thanks!