Data error(redunduncy cyclic check)

Hi All,

I am getting message “Cyclic redundancy Check” when DVD shrink 3.2.0.15 tries to analyze a DVD. Pl. let me know as how to overcome this error.
<!–[endif]–>

You need to upload the picture to an online host like www.imageshack.com and post the link they give you as we cannot see because the picture is on your hard drive.

Generally CRC can happen due to bad media, can be also problem with drive itself. This from Wiki might give you an insight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check

You could always try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth, and then trying again! CRC errors usually occur when the drive can’t read the disc.

[QUOTE=RCM;2449778]You could always try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth, and then trying again! CRC errors usually occur when the drive can’t read the disc.[/QUOTE]

i agree with your suggestion:iagree:…but further i have found i get this prob on shrink with new or latest movies…perhaps it does not have up to date codecs…last version of shrink 2004 ?:rolleyes:

Shrink is very old. Try DVD Fab

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2449783]Shrink is very old. Try DVD Fab[/QUOTE]

I agree, but you can use both. Check out my signature.

Thanks a million to everyone. Guess this is a problem with DVD disk itself since I could burn other DVDs with the same software.

Would try cleaning disk.

After cleaning the disc if you still get the error message try the free version of DVDFab as suggested above.